The breathtaking views of Kangra valley and the snow-capped Dhauladhar range combined sums up the Triund. The Triund trek is the most popular weekend trek from the busy cities of Delhi & Chandigarh, it is one of the rewarding treks of the Himalayas. If You want to take a break from your busy life but have leave constraints, then this trek is just perfect for you.
The trip starts from boarding a Volvo bus on day 0 from Delhi to Mcleodganj, check in to our cozy rooms, have some rest here, and after sometime step out to visit the nearby markets which will be supported by our local representative.
The Trek starts from our Moustache Mcleodganj hostel at 10 in the morning after half an hour of the briefing, the trail is well paved with a gradual ascent but is compensated by the fresh Oak & Rhododendron trees. During the trek, you can spot birds of different kinds and the chipping sound they produce is amazing.
Mcleodganj is commonly known as the city of Dalai Lama, the hospitality you get here is also very warm as the locals have an adaptive Tibetian culture. There are many monasteries where you can observe Tibetan culture very closely.
In the later part of the trip, you will be taken to the local attraction points of Mcleodganj such as Bhagsu nag temple, Bhagsu Falls, Dalai Lama Temple, and the Dal lake. Post the sightseeing session you will be dropped at the Mcleodganj bus stand from where you will board your Volvo bus back to Delhi.
The trek of Triund can be done over weekends, however, you visit there on weekdays you will get less crowd and enjoy nature at its best. This is an entry-level trek and in less time you can experience the world of trekking.
Day 0: Delhi to Mcleodganj
Distance: 480 km
* Take an overnight Volvo bus to Mcleodganj from the Delhi bus stand, it will take around 11 - 12 hours to reach the destination.
* The bus timings will be shared 24 hours before the start of the trip, it can be between 6 pm to 10 pm.
* Enjoy the journey while ascending towards the destination, at every bus stop you can observe a small drop in the temperatures.
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Moustache Mcleodganj
Stay Type: Stay will be in rooms on a double / triple sharing basis.
Meals Included: Dinner
* Once you have reached the Mcleodganj bus stand you will be meeting our representative who will take you to our hostel. It will take another 15 - 20 min to reach the destination.
* You will be given an check-in at the rooms, and rest after a long journey.
* Since our hostel is nestled near the Bhagsu Nag temple, you can step out and explore the nearby attraction points supported by our local representative.
* Explore the nearby market in the evening, you can buy some of the essentials from the market.
* After the shopping, the session comes back to the hostel and enjoy your hot meal with a bonfire, and retire for the day.
Day 2: Mcleodganj to Triund, via Mahana
Altitude: 6,831 ft to 9,350 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals Included: Breakfast, Evening Snacks and Dinner (Lunch is optional and can be arranged at extra cost)
Stay Included: Stay in tents on a double/triple sharing basis
* Reach the base camp at around 9.30 am, after half-hour of the briefing the trek starts at 10 am.
* Enjoy the beautiful walk through the mixed forest of Oak & Deodhar, today you trek to Triund.
* The first 2 km into the trek is a steep ascent and starts getting gradual after Galu Devi temple.
* You can also opt for packed lunch while on a trek to Triund at an additional cost of INR 100 or you can have lunch on any of the dhabas on the way at your own cost
* The trek to Triund is considered to be an easy hike, the last 1 km is a steep ascent through the dense forest.
* The Triund is basically a flat meadow that is situated on the top of the ridge.
* The Triund point gives a magical view of the Kangra valley and a panoramic view of the Dhauladhar range on the other side.
* Post the Triund session we will descend to Mahana village for the overnight stay, which is just 2 km from the Triund top.
Day 3: Triund to Mcleodganj
Altitude: 9,350 ft to 6,381 ft
Distance: 480 km
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals included: Breakfast
* Wake up to a lazy morning, have your breakfast at the campsite with a Himalayan view.
* Post breakfast, pack your bags and start to rollback. The route back is always fun as the trails are well known and you spend extra time at a spot where you hurried on day 2.
* Capture each and every moment, this will be your last day on the magical trek of Triund, with a heavy heart bid bye to the adventures of the trek.
* After reaching Mcleodganj, head to the hostel, freshen up, pick up your luggage and start your drive for local sightseeing. You will be covering nearby temples, Dalai Lama Temple and the Dal Lake.
* Post the local sightseeing you will be dropped at the bus stand and from there you can board the Volvo bus to Delhi, this will be the last leg of the journey.
The trek-tour ends here.
Air: Take a flight to Delhi airport and head to the requested bus stand before the bus arrival time.
Road: Volvo transfers are available for Delhi bus stand from various parts of country.
Rail: Take a train to Delhi railway station and from there head to the requested bus stand before the bus arrival time.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater (in Winters)
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves & regular socks
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole (Optional)
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer
16. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team with a welcome drink on your arrival to Moustache Mcleodganj.
2. Stay in Rooms and Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis.
(i) Stay in hostel room on day 1 on double sharing basis
(ii) Stay in tents on Day 2 on double / triple sharing basis.
3. All meals included for Day 1, 2 & 3
(i) Day 1 - Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast - Evening Snacks - Dinner
(iii) Day 3 Breakfast
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for drinking purpose can be provided on request.
6. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
7. Local sightseeing drive included in the package.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, sleeping bag, liners etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
6. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra.
1. If cancellations are made within 48 hours prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of the trek, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.