Manali is the most charming hamlet in the entire Himachal Pradesh. Located in the beautiful Kullu valley with the Beas river gushing beside it, the town is a major tourist attraction for people from all walks of life.
[Busy Manali Photo]
But what about people who wish to escape the typical hill station crowd and enjoy the placid views of massive mountains, open valleys, and clear blue sky.
Here comes the exciting Parashar Lake trek. The trek starts from the village Baggi and goes through the dense forests of oak and pine. The initial route is steep and muddy but gradually turns into a marked route.
The route remains easy with a gradual ascend. In summers, the route is marked with lush green trees and plants. The landscape boasts Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal, and Kinnaur mountain ranges with verdant sides.
Whereas, in winters, the same route and landscape turn into all white with an abundance of snow. Mountain tops shine with the sun over it and the trail is filled with knee high snow. Parashar Lake snow is a sight to behold.
[Mountain ranges photo/video]
The route is accompanied by blooming pink and red rhododendrons. It almost feels like walking through a different country altogether. If summer carries the beauty of blooming flowers and green lands, winter carries the beauty of flawless snow. Both seasons carry their own perks.
One thing that makes the trek interesting is the local villages on the way. You get to walk through the ancient villages and befriend the locals. Sometimes, they too shock you with some ancient stories.
After about 9 km, the route finally takes you to the top of a mountain and then opens up to a huge valley. The valley is marked with astonishing Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal mountain ranges.
Parashar lake nestles in the middle of the mountain top surrounded by little mountains from all sides. So, when you stand on the cliff and look down, you see a bird’s eye view of the entire lake and the ancient temple protecting it from the side. Though irrespective of the seasons, the lake remains melted, but in extremely cold situations it freezes.
Depending on the time, the color of the landscape changes. It remains lush green in the summer and milk-white in the winters. More than the views, the chance to camp just beside the silent lake says it all. The location is at a considerable height that offers you a clear sky studded with stars. Parashar Lake camping is one thing for which most of the trekkers opt for this trek.
[Camping beside the lake photo/video]
Parashar Lake trekking is perfect for those who wish to achieve nature’s silence by not trekking very far, rather remaining near to Manali. It allows you to take a day off from the town and spend a peaceful time in the middle of stunning mountains. The descend happens from the same route. After a quiet night, you trek back to the Baggi village.
The whole trek of two days is tailored in the most comfortable manner. The idea is to give you a peaceful time amongst the mountains with no rush at all.
For further queries regarding best time to visit Prashar lake, Prashar lake snow time, Prashar lake distance, and things to do in Prashar lake, call us or write to us today!
Prashar Lake - 2D/1N
Day 1: Arrive at Mandi
Drive: 26 Km
Trek: 9 km (4-5 hours)
Stay Type: Stay in tents on a sharing basis
Meal Included: Packed Lunch - Evening Snacks – Dinner
Day 2: Sightseeing around Parashar and back to Mandi
Trek: 9 km (4-5 hours)
Drive: 26 km
Meal Included: Breakfast
Air: You can take a flight to Delhi and from there book a private or shared cab to Mandi.
Road: Regular busses are available from Delhi and Chandigarh to Mandi.
Rail: You can take a train to Delhi and from there book a private or shared cab to Mandi.
1. Shirts / T-shirts , Jeans/Trek Pants
2. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollensweater
3. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower),Scarf/muffler (optional)
4. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
5. Comfortable Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
6. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
7. Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel
8. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
9. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
10. Personal toiletries.
1. Stay in tents on day 1 on a sharing basis.
2. Transport from Mandi to Baggi village on Day1 and back on Day 2 is included.
3. All meals included during the trek-
- Packed Breakfast + Evening Snacks + Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast on Day 2.
4. Guided Sightseeing on Day 2 around Parashar Lake.
5. Trek guide fee
6. Hot water for drinking purpose shall be provided on request.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Trekking poles
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 48 hours prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of th trek, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.