The Nun Climb
Nun Peak Expedition - Brace yourself to hike Nun peak- one of the highest peaks in the Himalayan range in Ladakh. The peak lies on the Indian side of the Line of Control, Ladakh alongside its twin peak- Kun. Together the Nun Kun massif is bounded to the north by the Suru valley and the Zanskar range.
The Nun Peak expedition begins with your arrival in Delhi. Retire for the day after attending a mandatory briefing at the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) in Delhi. The next day, take a flight from Delhi to Leh. Upon arrival, meet our representative and proceed to your particular hotel for a customary greeting.
Also See: Chadar Trek
Also See: Chadar Trek
Enjoy your stay in Leh, resting and acclimatizing with the
surrounding. Meanwhile, you can explore popular places to see in Leh in the
evening. There are plenty of things to see in Leh. Visit Shanti Stupa, Leh
Palace, Leh Monastery, and Shey Monastery. Including a trip to the local market
The expedition continues with a scenic driveway to Kargil. Capture the confluence of the Indus & Zanskar River and visit the Lamayuru and the Alchi monastery on the way. Arrive at Kargil, check in to your hotels, and retire for the day.
Have your breakfast and prepare for the ride to the base camp- Tangol. Drive on a bumpy path along Suru River, catching a glimpse of Nun - Kun peaks. Relax, acclimatize and sort your trekking equipment at Tangol campsite, as the hiking part starts from here.
The hiking trail will pass through 3 camps on altitude - 18044, 20013 & 20997 feet respectively. Finally, reaching the summit. Enjoy your time at the summit top, and then descend back on the same track to Tangol. After reaching Leh, take a flight back to Delhi from Leh. Marking the end of the expedition.
Because the climate is an important factor in proving to be significant, a 1-2 day cushion is kept in case the summit attempt is hindered. As a consequence, you must plan your time accordingly. The trip starts with a simple hike through fields and woods, with the Beas river that runs beside. Owing to rock layers, the topography gets severe and diverse from day 3. The summit has a steep incline that necessitates proper snow cutting. There'll be a crack bridge on the upper path. In September-October, the climate is cooler than in July-August, with levels as low as -6 degrees at Camp 1. We can expect rain from July to August.
This enthralling journey includes magnificent adventure tourism, and exposure to major summit excursion scaling, and an elevation of 8000-meter ranges. You'll go to a distant Himalayan region and possibly set a new high altitude mark. All along the route, the crew visits a historical off-the-beaten-path region of India, where they encounter Buddhist setting, ancient monasteries, dancing, unique cuisine, and historical hamlets alongside the ancient Silk Highway.
Moustache Escapes invites you to challenge yourself at the Nun Peak Expedition. This trek is a great opportunity for you to hone your trekking skills and abilities. It's an offbeat trek that only experienced trekkers know about. A steady level of fitness is required when going on this trek. Moustache escapes are looking forward to assisting you on this trek. The trek is perfect for people who have had a couple of treks under their belts.
Nun is situated in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir, in the Ladakh area. Ladakh has borders with Tibet to the east, and Tibet civilization has a massive effect on the territory. We fly to Leh from Delhi, the ancient capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh one of the very few surviving Buddhist strongholds in South Asia. Leh offers visitors the chance to visit "off the beaten path" ancient sites, villages, colorful marketplaces, and the deserted royal palace. During this journey, we will visit historic Buddhist temples and see the austere scenery of the Indus Valley and the Himalayan Mountains surrounding it.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –5/6, Trekking Pants -5-6
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (5-6 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planing to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Valid government ID proof (Passport)
1. All Stays during the trek in guest houses, tents as per the itinerary.
2. All transportation from Delhi to Guest House/ Hotel on day 1 and back to Delhi on day 26.
3. Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying at Hotel/ Lodges.
4. Meals on a MAP basis during your stay at the guest house and all meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening snacks + Dinner) during the trek.
5. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
9. Experienced trek leader who has ample knowledge of the route.
10. Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder
11. Forest entry and permit fee
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurance.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein, or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Flight charges to reach and depart from Delhi
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5