Satopanth Glacier Trek - Get ready to hike to Satopanth Glacier, one of the popular glaciers of Uttarakhand. Satopanth, whose literal meaning is 'Path of Truth', is the origin glacier of the river Alaknanda. The Satopanth Expedition has all the thrill of a true adventure trek. That is why the journey is accompanied by professional experts and continued with proper acclimatization.
The journey begins with your arrival in Delhi. Find our representative and get transferred to your hotel for the day. Wake up to the delicious breakfast the following and head out for a Delhi tour. Later, visit the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF), Delhi office for a briefing session. After that, take a train to Haridwar.
Also See: Kedarnath Badrinath Package
The hiking part of the expedition begins in Haridwar. So, make a quick check if you have all the proper gears or not. In case, you are missing something, you can lend it from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi. Travels across various Indian mythological sites including, Gaumukh (the origin point of Ganga), Vasuki Parvat, and many more.
The Satopanth Glacier itinerary crosses various glaciers, streams, and moraines, finally reaching an astonishing height of 23,212 ft. from sea level. Journey along several majestic peaks like Bhagirathi, Shivling, Bhrigu Parbat including Sudarshan, Thelu, and Kedar Dome. Finally arriving at the summit top.
The summit peak offers a great view of the Garhwal Himalayas on the south and the Tibetan plateau on the north. Once you are satisfied with the views, head back to the summit camp. Later, descend to reach Haridwar and take a train back to Delhi.
Thus, ending the Satopanth Glacier Expedition.
Who can do Satopanth Glacier Trek?
The expedition to Sathopanth Peak is a difficult journey designed for trekkers who have previous climbing expertise and desire to push themselves to their limits. You should only attempt this adventure if you have already finished a Basic Mountaineering Course and have climbed over 6000 meters. The reason behind this is the expedition's challenges should not be underestimated. The climb to Satopanth Glacier should be strictly avoided if you are unable to acclimate to the high elevations. Expeditionary tactics, glacier trek knowledge, steeply angled snow slopes, and technical ridge experience were all required for the climb, which is a hard task. Furthermore, to finish this expedition, you must have a high level of physical endurance.
Difficulty Level at Satopanth Glacier Trek
The expedition is known for its unpredictable weather and difficult terrain while ascending on this journey. This is why the hikers must be exceptionally physically fit and have a high level of mental endurance. Many Indian mountaineers choose Satopanth Glacier height as a warm-up climb before attempting 8000m+ summits, including Mt. Everest. This adventure is the ideal way for a mountaineer to graduate from trekking to peaks to summit climbing.
Best time for Satopanth Glacier Trek
Mt. Satopanth is the second-highest mountain in Uttarakhand's Gangotri chain of mountains. Whereas, the ideal months to make this hike are August and September. Mt. Satopanth is the ultimate challenge for mountaineers who have already conquered 6500m+ summits and want to push themselves even further.
In addition to the difficult hiking obstacle, the Satopanth Expedition is also distinguished with beautiful natural panoramas. Travel through the lush pine and cedar forests, which mix with the glaciated trails ahead. Most significantly, the terrains on this expedition behold some brilliant Flora and Fauna. With such stunning scenery along the trip, you want to make sure you have the decent camera equipment and additional batteries.
During the trek, the hikers need to have proper conditioning & training of the body. This can be achieved by proper acclimatization and making sure you have the right gear and equipment. Furthermore, hiking shoes are the most essential element of all trekking gear. Check out our things to carry section, to read the complete list of all the technical gears and hiking essentials for this extreme hike.
To know about this thrilling expedition, feel free to call us at +91 89291 00705.
The trek ends!!
1. Shirts / T-shirts –5/6, Trekking Pants -5-6
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (5-6 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Valid government ID proof (Passport)
1. All Stays during the trek in guest houses, tents as per the itinerary.
2. All transportation from Delhi to Guest House/ Hotel on day 1 and back to Delhi on day 26.
3. Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying at Hotel/ Lodges.
4. Meals on a MAP basis during your stay at the guest house and all meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening snacks + Dinner) during the trek.
5. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
9. Experienced trek leader who has ample knowledge of the route.
10. Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder
11. Forest entry and permit fee
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurance.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein, or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Flight charges to reach and depart from Delhi
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of """"force majeure"""", medical emergency, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5