A beginner’s delight and a weekend’s bright, Nag Tibba Trek is one of the most suitable weekend trips which is easily accessible from New Delhi via Dehradun. It is one of those treks near to Delhi which will give you an experience of an extensive Himalayan trek.
What have you done if not Nag Tibba Trek? It is one of those things in your bucket list which doesn’t ask you to make a hole in your deep pockets yet offers you serene and satisfying views of panoramic landscapes and massive mountains.
Nag Tibba trek which is also known as ‘The Serpents peak trek’ is the highest peak in the lesser Himalayan region in Uttarakhand. The Nag Tibba’s height of 9915 ft. above the sea level offers you what none of the weekend treks can. As stated by several ardent trekkers, Nag Tibba trek gives you a perfect peek into the world of trekking and the kinds of adventures it offers. To anyone, who wishes to enter the realm of trekking, camping and hiking, this trek helps you to get ready to ask for more of these – adventures, thrills, uncertainty, and freedom.
The trek starts from a small traditional Himachal village known as Pantwari with a gradual elevation over a paved trail. Only after a few km, the trail slowly turns onto a twisted stony route with several water crossings in between and takes you to your cosy base camp. The summit which is in a form of a long ridge is an amazing place for you to spend your beautiful morning and afternoon overlooking the spectacular valley. The ridge also gives you a 360-degree view of adorable Himalayan snow-capped mountains and floating white clouds over them, but if the weather changes, you might be bathing within those cotton-soft clouds. Doesn’t it feel so much like heaven? Well, Nag Tibba is indeed accessible heaven on mountains.
Also See: Dayara Bugyal Trek
Nag Tibba Trek is particularly known for its splendid views of iconic landscapes and astonishing height within a few hours of trek. The route is also marked with large verdant clearings with hamlets sitting on them. The total Nag Tibba trek distance goes about 16 km which is going and coming back combined.
Also See: Brahmatal Trek
Nag Tibba’s weather is another good thing which attracts a lot of adventurists. Even in December, Nag Tibba’s temperature does not fall below 5 degrees and in summers does not go above 25 degrees, marking the place with absolutely pleasant weather.
Also See: Popular Treks in Uttarakhand
Also See: Popular Treks in Uttarakhand
For us, the meeting point is either Dehradun railway station or the airport. Dehradun is itself a beautiful hill station with a lot of splendid spots and creative cafes and restaurants. It is a place which gives you a chance to visit peaceful Monasteries like Mindrolling Monastery and also go bring out the fun in yourself over thrilling treks, both at the same time. Another added advantage to the Nag Tibba Trek route is the scenic drive from Dehradun to Pantwari village via Mussoorie. This drive takes you on a road with the sparkling Yamuna running beside you and oak forests forming large umbrella above you.
Nag Tibba Trek is a complete package of a lovely drive, panoramic views, breathtaking experience, and delightful moments. Come, join us and convert your boring weekend into a spectacular escape in the mountains.
The trek ends here.
Before booking a cab or bus to or from Pantwari, it is advisable to contact the trek operator first as they have the local transport facility running which usually borne and shared between the trekkers.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick-dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Pantwari.
2. Stay included on Nag Tibba Base Camp in alpine tents on double / triple sharing basis:
3. All meals included from Day 1 Lunch to Day 2 Evening Snacks. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
6. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
7. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - micro spikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
8. Covid Related Information
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 2 are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,000 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Q1. What kind of accommodation is provided during the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: You will be staying in Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis during the trek of Nag-Tibba.
Q2. Is Nag Tibba trek safe?
Answer: Yes, the trek of Nag Tibba is and always will be safe, you will be provided with an experienced and qualified trek leader.
Q3. What is Nag Tibba Trek height?
Answer: On the trek of Nag Tibba, you reach the maximum height of 9.914 ft, during the summit part of the trek.
Q4. Is Nag Tibba Trek for beginners?
Answer: Yes, Nag Tibba is a trek for beginners and first-time travellers. Also, the trek of Nag Tibba falls under the easy category of treks and is commonly enjoyed by weekend travellers.
Q5. Which type of shoes should I bring for the trek to Nag Tibba?
Answer: We recommend you to buy high ankle waterproof shoes with good grip capability.
Q6. What is the best time for the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: The best time for the Nag Tibba Trek is during the months of Nov-March to enjoy a light to heavy snowfall; also the trek is open round the year except the monsoons.
Q7. Which sim works in Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: All mobile network works in the Nag Tibba trek, during the summit point hike you might face some of the network issues.
Q8. What is the Nag Tibba Trek difficulty level?
Answer: The Nag Tibba Trek falls under an easy trek category, not much of your effort is required for this trek.
Q9. What activities are included in the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: Nag Tibba Trek is a full adventurous trek with magnificent views; also other than the inclusion you can do stargazing and other group activities as suggested by the Trek Leader.
Q10. What kind of food will be provided during the Nag Tibba trek package? What about safe drinking water?
Answer: You will be provided with proper vegetarian meals on the trek of Nag Tibba, you will be drinking mountain stream water which is clean, safe and enriched with minerals. Boiling water will also be available to drink at the campsite.
Q11. Can we consume alcohol if it’s really cold during the trek to Nag Tibba?
Answer: No, the consumption of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited during the trek, as it might cause acute mountain sickness.
Q12. How is Nag Tibba weather?
Answer: The Nag Tibba weather varies from 20 degrees to 5 degrees during summers and 15 degrees to -10 degrees during winters.
Q13. How much is Nag Tibba trek distance from Delhi?
Answer: Pantwari, which is the starting point of the Nag Tibba trek, is around 340kms from Delhi.
Q14. What is Nag Tibba trek length?
Answer: The total trek length of 16 km will be covered in the course of 2 days and 1 night.
Q15. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers for Nag Tibba?
Answer: A basic fitness level is required for the Nag Tibba Trek; a person should be able to jog for 2 km in 60 min.
Q16. Is the Nag Tibba trek guide included in the cost?
Answer: Yes, an experienced and qualified guide fee is included in the Nag Tibba Trek cost.
Q17. Do we need a Nag Tibba trek permit?
Answer: Yes, you need forest entry permits for the Nag Tibba Trek; however these permits will be taken care of by our ground team.
Q18. What are the nearby attractions that I can explore?
Answer: You can visit the various attractions points of Dehradun such as Robbers cave, Rajaji national park, Tapkeshwar mandir, and other points.
Q19. What are the mandatory documents required for the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: You must carry your government verified ID proofs such as Driving license, Passport and the Aadhar card (PAN card is not valid) for the trek of Nag Tibba; it will be required to submit for the permits.
Q20. How can I reach Pantwari?
Answer: You can take a shared cab or bus to reach Pantwari from Dehradun, or you can drive down to Pantwari in your own vehicle.
Q21. What to carry for Nag Tibba Trek from my end?
Answer: A detailed list of Things to carry is available on the website under the respective trek page.
Q22. Can I go for the Nag Tibba trek solo?
Answer: Yes, you can go for the Nag Tibba trek solo. For the batch dates queries, you can send us an enquiry through the website.
Q23. How much weight will I have to carry on the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: Since the Nag Tibba is a short trek, hence we do not recommend you to carry more than 6-7kg.
Q24. Do you think I should bring some medicines along with me while on the Nag Tibba Trek?
Answer: No specific medicine is required for the Nag Tibba Trek, for any personal illness you can carry your personal medication.
Average Rating 4.5