Kuari Pass Trek - The trek starts with a drive from the famous spot of Uttarakhand, Rishikesh to Joshimath. Joshimath is the hub for the Auli going travellers. Joshimath offers a great view of the Himalayas, it gives a feeling of surrounded by the mountains.
If you are one of those who have not done any trek in the past and who wishes to view the magnificent Himalayas from very close, then the trek of Kuari pass is for you. The Kuari in the local language means the doorway, it is one of the beautiful treks in Himalayas and attracts the beginners to have a taste of adventure.
The journey from Rishikesh to Joshimath passes through the 4 Prayags - Devprayag - which is a confluence of river Alaknanda and river Bhagirathi, Rudraprayag - which is a confluence of river Alaknanda and river Mandakini, Karanprayag - which is a confluence of river Alaknanda and river Pindar, Nandprayag - which is a confluence of river Alaknanda and river Nandakini. The paryag basically means the confluence and they offer a magical view every time you visit the place.
Also See: Nag Tibba Trek
After reaching Joshimath on Day 1, enjoy your sunsets with hot meals served at the guest house. On Day 2 get ready for a drive to Dhak village from where you will start your trek by foot to Gulling Top, passing through the dense forest of Oak and Rhodederon with views of the himalayas running along with you. The terrain changes from dense ancient forest to green meadows and that is very spectacular, indulging into the beauty of the meadows.
The Kuari pass sits at altitude of approx 12,500 ft which is again not very tough for the beginners, on day 4 you will be conquering the Kuari Pass. The pass itself is very majestic as it stands tall with Kedarnath, Kedar Dome, Chaukhamba, Neel Kantha, Mukut Parvath etc. Try capturing each and every moment of it, after spending a great time at the Kuari pass head back to Tali campsite via Khulara and end your day with hot meals.
The Tali campsite is also one of the iconic campsites during the trek as you can enjoy the morning and evening sun rays playing with the mountains like Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang Bhang, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvath etc. Also you can experience sub zero camping at Tali campsite during winters which again turns into an adventure.
Also See: Brahmatal Trek
While heading back you trek down passing through the meadows of Gorson Bugyal which offers a lush green environment with surroundings of Oak trees. During winters the Gorson Bugyal is covered under a thick sheet of snow, many travellers around the globe visit this place in order to enjoy the skiing experience.
The Kuari pass is truly magical and will never fail to impress and leaves a mark of magnificent Himalayas on your heart.
Also See: Popular Treks in Uttarakhand
The trek ends here.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2.
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood.
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater.
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional).
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs).
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended).
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers.
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel.
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!).
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face.
11. Sun glasses, Walking stick / Trekking pole.
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries).
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication.
14. Personal toiletries.
15. Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it.
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Joshimath.
2. All stays included from Joshimath to Joshimath on double / triple sharing basis:
(i) Guest house on day 1 & 5.
(ii) Alpine / Dome tents on day 2, 3, 4.
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 6 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying at guest houses in Joshimath only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
9. Covid Related Information
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 6 are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,500 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5