Khulagarbiya Pass Trek - The journey begins with your arrival at Rishikesh, where you will meet our representative. Get on board in a cab and ride to Joshimath. On the way, you will cross Devprayag, Rudraprayag, and the Karnaprayag viz. 3 of 5 major confluences in Hindu mythology. Check in to your hotel upon arrival and enjoy a local market visit. Later, have your dinner and call it a day.
The following morning, have your breakfast and ride to Govindghat. Post reaching Govindghat, start your trek to Ghangaria. Journey alongside the charming river meeting pilgrims of the Hemkund Sahib. The route also has several authentic traditional dhabas, where you can take a rest and savor amazing food. Arrive at Ghangaria, freshen up in your hotel, and relax.
Also See: Brahmatal Trek
The Khulagarbiya Pass Trek also visits the charming Valley of Flowers. Being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Valley Of Flowers Trek is quite popular among both international and national visitors. Journey to the astonishing valley of flowers height of 14,107 ft and visit the home to some rare and amazing wildlife and flower species including the rare Brahma Kamal Flower.
The trek ascends over a rocky path, mostly filled with few locals. Post a small briefing, start your trek to Khulagarbiya pass. Once you reach the pass, have a view of Mana 1 peak, Neelgiri peak, and the Hathi Godhi peaks. After spending enough time at the pass, head back to Neelgiri base camp. The next morning, have your breakfast and descend to Mana village through small villages, shepherd houses, and patches of forests.
Wake up to a lazy morning and board your shared cab from Mana to Joshimath. Get fresh and rest in your hotel and later spend an evening visiting nearby cafés with the Himalayan views at Joshimath. Afterward, retire for the day on the property. The following day, have your breakfast in the guest house and return to Rishikesh via cab. Thus, ending the entire Khulagarbiya Pass Trek.
Best time for Khulagarbiya Pass Trek
The ideal month to embark on this hike is from May till October. An expedition to Khulagarbiya Pass is perfect for mountaineers who want to push themselves further into extreme hiking adventures.
Why should one go for Khulagarbiya Pass Trek?
The reason behind choosing an expedition to Khulagarbiya is that it is known for high-altitude pass trekking, glacier treks, surreal campsites, and the thrill of extreme hiking adventures.
Not known by many, Khulagarbiya Pass is an offbeat expedition in Uttarakhand. Moreover, it is advised only for experienced hikers who wish to try extreme hiking adventures.
Khulagarbiya Pass Trek difficulty level
The expedition to this high altitude pass is moderate to extremely difficult and even depends upon the physical endurance of the trekker. Besides, the trek offers challenging terrains and unpredictable weather on every ascend. It is why this adventure is ideal for mountaineers who have earlier experience of extreme hiking. Moreover, maintaining attentiveness while trekking assures your safety.
Other attractions at this expedition
Try Valley of Flowers Trek, popular among both national and international hikers. It is one of the most renowned Indian treks that gives you a glimpse of the literal flowerbed. Often called the garden above the clouds, the valley blossoms with several colorful wildflowers during the blooming season. The valley also homes, some rare species of flowers such as Brahmakamal, which is only found in this region.
Alongside this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you can also visit Mana Village, situated at an elevation of around 3219 meters. Mana is the last Indian village from the border of India and Tibet/China in the Himalayas, in the district of Chamoli. The Uttarakhand government has declared it as a "Tourism Village." Mana village is one of the best tourist attractions nearby to Badrinath- just 3 km from Badrinath town. The village is surrounded by Himalayan hills and resides on the banks of the River Saraswati.
The trek ends here!!
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is 25km. away from the city.
By Train: If you are planning to go from train best option is to catch an overnight train from Delhi to Dehradun.
By Road: There are plenty of bus services available from Delhi to Dehradun.
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Joshimath.
2. All stays included from Joshimath to Joshimath on sharing basis in tents.
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 9 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
5. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.5. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,500 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5