Kedartal Trek - If you have done some easy to moderate level Himalayan Treks and now you feel ready to take the next step in high altitude trekking and wants to see some of the most beautiful Himalayan peaks up close then this is the trek you must go on.
Kedartal is one of the most beautiful glacial lake you will ever see, it is situated at an altitude of 15,485 ft. in the foothills of some magnificent peaks. The lake is the best place to see peaks like Thalaysagar (6,904 m), Bhrigupanth (6,772 m), Meru (6,672 m) and many more. The lake is fed by the glaciers of surrounding peaks and it is also a source of Kedar Ganga river, which is considered as a Lord Shiva's contribution to river Bhagirathi. Excited! Our trek leader will tell you the complete mythology at the shores of the lake with the backdrop of some mighty peaks.
Also See: Popular Treks in Uttarakhand
When your neck get tired of looking up at the peaks but your eyes don't want to move away from them, for that let me tell you, you can also see the enchanting reflection of these mighty peaks in super still emarald water of Kedartal. Also one more fact, Mt. Thalaysagar is considered the second most beautiful peak in Indian Himalayas and it will be standing right in front of you at Kedartal and gives you a whole time in the world to soak its beauty in your eyes. We understand this part and that is why we make you camp at Kedartal so you can can catch its beauty under the shining stars also see it glowing with the first light of sun. I bet, you will never get over with that view in your whole life.
On this Trek you will also visit Gaumukh which is the origin source of river Ganges, considered as the holiest river in Hinduism. Which makes Gaumukh one of the most holiest place in hindu culture, also a magical sight which is not to be missed.
This is one trek where you will have experience of walking through dense forests, walking on glaciers, walking on moraine, watching glacial lake and have a close encounter with the most beautiful and mighty Thalaysagar peak. On this trek you will encounter a magical forest of Bhoj Patra trees, whose bark was used as a paper in ancient times and most of the ancient hindu scriptures was written on them and still surviving. You can collect those barks to give them to you loved ones as a symbol of the eternity of your love.
This is a difficult trek because of the terrain and altitude gain and only recommended for experience trekkers, however we believe in nothing is impossible, so any person with good physical fitness without prior trekking experience can go for this one.
Starting from the humble village of Gangotri which has great mythological significance, the Kedartal is a journey filled with adventure. The significance of the river Ganga dates back to the old ancient stories of India. After years and years of repentance and sorrow, King Bhagirath had given up hopes of his ancestors ever attaining the realm of peace. Goddess Ganga then turned into the form of a river and ran over the burial grounds of King Bhagirath's family members. The purity of her river form relieved all of the trapped souls on earth. Mother Ganga ran with such a force, that the whole earth was under the danger of getting flooded. That's when lord Shiva tied Mother Ganga in his hair. The land of stories invites you for a venture.
The trek ends here.
Pickup on Day 1 from Dehradun railway station will be at 6 am, so plan your journey accordingly. We recommend you to arrive at Dehradun on Day 0, a day before the trek starts as it will avoid the last minute hassle also gives you the much needed rest for the trek.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planing to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team with a welcome drink on your arrival at Gangotri.
2. All stays included from Gangotri to Gangotri on sharing basis:
(i) Guest house on day 1 & 6 on sharing basis
(ii) Alpine / Dome tents on day 2, 3, 4 & 5. on sharing basis
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 6 dinner Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying at guest houses in Gangotri only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All permit and entry fees
9. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - micro spikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(ii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iii) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(iv) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 7 (Dehradun to Gangotri and Gangotri to Dehradun) are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. Rescheduling of the tour/trek is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel your tour/trek or reschedule it again, it is not possible and you do not get any refund.
4. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
5. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
6. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
7. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
8. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5