Dayara Bugyal Trek
Imagining Dayara Bugyal Trek is like imagining
yourself standing in the middle of a large field. Now transfer that field at a
height of 12,000 ft. high where all you can see is pure white snow. That’s how
it looks when you go for Dayara Bugyal trekking tour.
Bugyal translates into a vast pastoral land or meadows at an altitude of 3000
ft. - 4000 ft.
In winters, massive snow gets settled over the meadows and it looks like you have entered a white paradise. The land stretches to infinity and as far as you can see, it glitters with snow. One of the rarest thing which you find only in this trek is the panoramic views of the entire Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges.
While on Dayara Bugyal trek Uttarakhand, you can vividly spot the famous Mt. Bandarpunch and the black peak on the right. Under the warm sun, they glow and offers the best views of themselves. The clarity of such views with so much comfort and easy terrain is what makes this trek perfect for people of all ages.
Some of the other peaks which you see on either side are Mt. Shivling, Mt. Jaunli, and DKD2. Dayara Bugyal trek guide you to one of the largest high-altitude Bugyal which expanses about 28 sq. km in length. Imagine approximately 3900 football fields together filled with lush green meadows or pure white snow.
If you are a great fan of walking through a huge expanse of a lush green garden or snow-white field, you won't miss the charm of Dayara Bugyal Trek distance. Cross through the sweet fragrant forest trail during the summers. That turns white with snow-topped trees, during the winters. Thus, making camping in Dayara Bugyal, extremely beautiful. Not to mention, both during the summers and winters as well.
Of course, you cannot miss the charm of mystical forests you find on Dayara Bugyal trek package. The dense oak forests look so beautiful both during the summers and winters. During summers, the forest smells sweet and comforting, whereas in winters the same forests get topped with snow. Since the entire trek goes through meadows and forests, you will find a rich community of birds. So, by the time Dayara Bugyal trek the Himalayas, get accompanied with the chirping voices of birds and exotic wildlife around!
In several regions you can spot the rarest of birds and wildlife. During the daytime, often these birds charm you with their chirping too!
During Dayara Bugyal trek in April (spring and summer), all the snow melts away, causing the meadows to reappear. Once again, the entire field glows with green meadows and grasslands. The Dayara Bugyal temperature swings between 5 - 15 degrees Celsius which makes trekking pretty comfortable for all hikers.
The summer season also witnesses the blooming of maple tree flowers and other wildflowers, flourishing the entire Dayara Bugyal trek distance with hues of green. With comfortable temperature and pleasant weather, Dayara Bugyal altitude becomes extremely easy to accomplish. It almost looks like you are walking in your own garden, just at a different height. Thus making it an ideal family trek.
Autumn and winter are more about the harsh cold and white snow. The entire Dayara Bugyal trek in November, December, January, & February turns into an endless snowfield. As far as you can see, you will only find snow glowing under the warm sun. But that’s the beauty of this trek during winters. Thus, for people who like a lesser crowd but loads of snow, Dayara Bugyal winter trek is The Perfect Option.
The only thing to worry on about Dayara Bugyal winter trek, is bone chilling cold. Since, Dayara Bugyal weather at the altitude of 12,000 ft., drops below 0 degrees Celsius. So, better grab all your woollens to keep you warm and enjoy the most of Dayara Bugyal during the winters.
The terrains at Dayara Bugyal trek map is unlike any other treks. Thus, making it truly unbeatable. As the trek happens over a large expanse of green meadows, the route becomes extremely easy. Especially during summers, when the weather is too comfortable to make the hike.
Moreover, Dayara Bugyal trek route gradually ascends, making your journey fairly easy to trek on. This is why this trek can even be performed by a 70-year-old or a first-timer. In short, the trekking in Uttarakhand Dayara Bugyal can be performed by hikers of all ages, without any difficulty.
Through the entire trek, the route stays open with meadows and momentary forests in between. The ascend stays gradual and fairly easy to trek on.
The type of terrain this trek holds is the primary reason why this trek is also recommended to people of all ages. Even a 70-year-old person can easily trek through the entire route and vanquish the peak.
The best thing about the Dayara Bugyal trek is their camps. Want to know why?? To add more spices to your adventures, Moustache Escapes give you alpine dome tents on a sharing basis. These tents are extremely thrilling to sleep in.
Imagine your campsite somewhere in the middle of a large field of snow glowing under an ink-blue sky twinkling with millions of stars. Exciting, right!! Camping at Dayara Bugyal comes with super comfy Alpine dome tents in order to make sure you enjoy the most of this trek.
However, Dayara Bugyal trek package comes with dry toilets. Reason being, you will be trekking at high altitudes, and one cannot have properly built washrooms at an altitude of 12,000ft.
For further queries regarding Dayara Bugyal trek cost, Uttarkashi temperature, Delhi to Barnala distance, Dehradun to Uttarkashi bus, Dayara Bugyal height, or Raithal to Dayara Bugyal trek, call us or write to us today!
Altitude: 7,400 ft.
Drive: 184 km (7-8 hrs drive)
Meal Included: Dinner
Trek: 5 km
Altitude: 7,400 ft. to 9,842 ft.
Trek: 6 km (4-5hrs)
Meals Included: Breakfast - Lunch - Evening Snacks- Dinner
Altitude: 9,842 ft.
to 12,057 ft. to 9,842 ft.
Trek: 7 km (5-6hrs)
Meals Included: Breakfast - Lunch - Evening Snacks- Dinner
Trek: 5 km, Drive -
Altitude: 9,842 ft. to 7,388 ft.
Trek: 4 km (3-4hrs)
Drive: 184 km (7-8 hrs)
Meal Included: Breakfast
Air: Take a flight to Dehradun airport directly as it has good connectivity from all metro cities. If you find the flight to Dehradun is expensive, then take a flight to Delhi. Then take a train/bus from Delhi to Dehradun.
Rail: Take a direct train to Dehradun or take a train to Delhi or Haridwar. Then, take a bus from there to reach Dehradun.
Road: Dehradun has good road connectivity, you can drive your own car. You can also take a Bus from your city.
Pickup on Day 1 from Dehradun railway station will be at 6 am, so plan your journey accordingly. We recommend you to arrive at Dehradun on Day 0, a day before the trek starts as it will avoid the last minute hassle also gives you the much needed rest for the trek.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Raithal.
2. All stays included from Raithal to Gui Campsite on sharing basis:
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 4 breakfast, Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
5. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
6. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
7. All permit and entry fees
8. All trek essentials included–
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. The transportation from Dehradun to Raithal and back.5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Answer: The best time to visit Dayara Bugyal is from May to November.
Answer: Anyone with a decent fitness level.
Answer: Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes are a good fit for the trek.
Answer: Weight to be carried depends on your requirements and capacity. Porters and mules will be available but you need to bear the expenses yourselves.
Answer: Indian vegetarian food is served during this trek. Himalayan water is considered a clean but to be on the safe side you will get boiled water if required.
Answer: No, the consumption of these kind of things is strictly prohibited on any type of trek.
Answer: Idea network is the one available at Barsu and all the other major networks are available at Bhatwari.
Answer: Dayara Bugyal trek is considered to be an easy-moderate trek. Following a proper fitness schedule before the start of the trek will make body suitable.
Answer: Yes Diamox is an essential medicine to be carried with you to prevent from falling sick due to the change in altitude
Answer: It needs a lot of cardio vascular endurance and exercise or walking on daily basis is a must to get in shape for the trek.
Answer: The day temperature goes up to 25 degree Celsius and the night time is comparatively cold with 15 degree Celsius.
Answer: This place is considered to be the best winter trek destination. The number of trekkers compared to other popular ones especially in winter is less.
Answer: The Trek starts from the Barsu village which is situated on the Haridwar -Gangotri road
Answer: From Dehradun you will have to go to the base camp of Barsu.
Answer: Dayara Bugyal trek is of 3 nights and 4 days. You need to walk at least 4-5 Km every day for the trek.
Answer: The prices Start From 5,299 + 5.00 % GST
Answer: The height of this trekking site is between 10000 to 12500ft.
Answer: The trek to Dayara Bugyal is safe for everyone.
Answer: Here you can travel either solo or with many companions. In all the ways, you are going to enjoy the trek.
Answer: There are many difficulty levels that you can choose as per your convenience.
Answer: You need to look at these things while choosing your trekking shoes:
1. Check grip within the trekking shoe.
2. Search for softness and adaptability of shoe sole.
4. Choose Snug-fit shoe.
5. Water Resistance is crucial
Answer: Main attractions near it are Dodi Tal Lake. Barsu Village is 10 Km, Raithal Village is 11 Km.
Answer: Camping Tents are provided.
Answer: You will be provided toilet tents.
Answer: Safety Gears, crampons, torch, sleeping bags, waterproof tents, etc.
Answer: You can get all the equipments from third parties, we don’t provide them on rental basis.
Answer: 10 to 15 ° c degree
Answer: Yes, you can carry a pole. Also trekking poles are available for rent in the area.
Answer: Yes, there are many shops that provide trekking equipments on rental basis
Answer: Govt. photo identity card., Medical certificate, Passport/Visa.
Average Rating 4.5