Imagine you are standing in the middle of a large field. Now transfer that field at a height of 12,000 ft high where all you can see is pure white snow. That’s how it looks when you walk over the Dayara Bugyal. Bugyal translates into a vast pastoral land or meadows at an altitude of 3000 - 4000 ft.
In winters, massive snow gets settled over the meadows and it looks like you have entered a white paradise. The land stretches to infinity and as far as you can see, it glitters with snow. One of the rarest thing which you find only in this trek is the panoramic views of the entire Gangotri and Yamnotri ranges.
While you are trekking, on the right you can vividly spot the famous Mt. Bandarpunch and the black peak. Under the warm sun, they glow and offers the best views of themselves. The clarity of such views with so much comfort and easy terrain is what makes this trek perfect for people of all ages.
Some of the other peaks which you see on either side are Mt. Shivling, Mt. Jaunli, and DKD2. Dayara Bugyal is one of the largest high-altitude bugyal which expanses about 28 sq km in length. Imagine approximately 3900 football fields together filled with lush green meadows or pure white snow.
If you are a great fan of walking through a huge expanse of a lush green garden or snow-white field, Dayara Bugyals is just the perfect choice. The huge landscapes of mountains and open valleys, large open clearings with blooming flowers, and dense oak forests make you realize the miracle of nature.
Of course, you cannot miss the charm of Dayara Bugyal forests. The dense oak forests look so beautiful both during the summers and winters. During summers, the forest smells sweet and comforting, whereas in winters the same forests get topped with snow. As the entire trek goes through meadows and forests, you also meet a rich community of birds.
In several regions, you can spot the rarest of birds and wildlife. During the daytime, often these birds charm you with their chirping too!
During spring and summer, snow melts, and the meadows appear again. Once again, the entire field glows with lush green meadows and grasslands. The Dayara Bugyal temperature swings between 5 - 15 degrees Celsius which makes the trekker pretty comfortable to embark on the journey.
The summer season also witnesses the blooming of maple tree flowers and other wildflowers. The landscape flourishes with a green environment. This is an ideal time for your family to trek. With comfortable temperature and pleasant weather, this trek becomes extremely easy to vanquish. It almost looks like you are walking in your own garden, just at a different height.
Autumn and winter are more about the harsh cold and white snow. The large expanse of Dayara Bugyal in winters turns into vast snowfields. As far as you can see, you will only find snow glowing under the warm sun. But that’s the beauty of this trek during winters. For people who are finding a less crowded trek but with a lot of snow, Dayara Bugyal is the perfect trek for them.
As you trek at the altitude of 12,000 ft, the temperature drops below 0 degrees Celsius during the night in winters. With all the perks of flawless snowfields and breathtaking views of Gangotri ranges, the dayara bugyal weather is one thing that becomes harsh during the winters.
Through the entire trek, the route stays open with meadows and momentary forests in between. The ascend stays gradual and fairly easy to trek on.
The type of terrain this trek holds is the primary reason why this trek is also recommended to people of all ages. Even a 70-year-old person can easily trek through the entire route and vanquish the peak.
Stays and Washroom Facilities?
The best thing about the Dayara Bugyal trek is the camps. To add more spices to your adventures, we give you alpine dome tents on a sharing basis. These tents are extremely thrilling to sleep in.
Imagine your campsite somewhere in the middle of a large field of snow glowing under an ink-blue sky twinkling with millions of stars. This is how exciting camping is. Alpine dome tents are very comfortable and cozy. Don’t worry, Moustache has the most up to date trekking gears and camps so that you don't face any difficulties in the remotest Himalayas.
As we trek at high altitude, we cannot have properly built washrooms, therefore we use dry toilets.
For further queries regarding Uttarkashi temperature, Delhi to Barnala distance, Dehradun to Uttarkashi bus, Dayara Bugyal height, call us or write to us today!
The trek ends here.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Raithal.
2. All stays included from Raithal to Barsu on double / triple sharing basis:
(i) Guest house on day 1 & 4. on dual / tripple sharing basis
(ii) Alpine / Dome tents on day 2 & 3 on dual sharing basis
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 5 breakfast, Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying at guest houses in Raithal and Barsu only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All permit and entry fees
9. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
10. The charges of transportation on day 1 & 5 from Dehradun and to Dehradun is included in the package.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials –
(i) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(ii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iii) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(iv) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5