Chopta Chandrashila Trek
The Chopta Chandrashila Trek in Uttarakhand has become a famous name in the trekking community. Known for its small distance, well-paved trail and rewarding panoramic views of the Garhwal Himalayas are what make this a great trek. Starting from a beginner to a seasoned trekking enthusiast must surely trek the relatively short Chopta to Chandrashila trek distance of 9 Kilometers. Though there is no particular Chopta Chandrashila trek best time to visit, for beginners looking for snowy winter treks it is a perfect trek. The Chopta Chandrashila winter trek starts from the base camp at Chopta in Uttarakhand. The Chopta Chandrashila trek itinerary includes Tungnath on the way, which is the highest-altitude Shiva temple in the world.
One of the great benefits of the Chopta Chandrashila trek package is that the package itself is made up of two treks. During the trek to Chandrashila, you automatically cover the Chopta to Tungnath trek distance of 4 Km, then you go on to climb the rest of the 5 km, from Tungnath to Chandrashila. The perfect weekend getaway from Delhi, Rishikesh or Dehradun, the Chopta Tungnath weekend trip package is perfect for people looking for a weekend trek. The short trek can be covered in one day, Chopta to Tungnath trek time can take between 4 - 6 hours depending on your fitness levels.
If you notice, the Chopta Chandrashila trek map goes through the deciduous forest near Chopta. As the altitude gain increases, you are welcomed with Rhododendron blossoms depending on the season. The terrain also opens up to these incredible views of the Garhwal mountain ranges of Uttarakhand. The Tungnath to Chandrashila trek distance of 4 KM takes you to the highest abode of Lord Shiva, where the Pandavas built a temple during their exile in the Himalayas. And, if you are a seasoned trekker try to beat the Tungnath Chandrashila trek best time of 3 hours.
First of all, this trek is the finest opportunity to hike the Chopta Chandrashila trek from Delhi on a weekend. Moreover, the trek’s basecamp travel takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the Uttarakhand Himalayas. The real trip starts with the mesmerizing town of Rishikesh as the base camp to Chopta. The best time for the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila trek is all year long, one can attempt the trek to Tungnath even during monsoon season because of the well-paved trail. The treks remain open all year long and can be considered one of the best winter weekend treks in the Himalayas. Though with Moustache, you get to hike the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila trek itinerary at a comfortable pace, letting you enjoy the full scenery of the mountains.
Chopta Trek: - Chopta is the base camp for the Chopta Chandrashila trek. You can reach Chopta through a shared taxi and private cab from Rishikesh. You can also choose public transport from Rishikesh too. The Chopta trek distance from Tungnath while descending is quite a steep section of 4 km. The Chopta trek height of 8560 feet above sea level offers panoramic Himalayan views.
Tungnath Trek: - The Tungnath trek is quite a famous trek on its own. The trail end of the Tungnath trek height is 12,100 feet above sea level. Tungnath trek km distance of 4 Km is an easy hike section. The section is steep but easy to climb. There are water points and the temple of Tungnath at the end of the trail.
Chandrashila Trek: - The Chandrashila trek distance of 5 Km. from Tungnath is the toughest section of the whole trek. The trail towards Tungnath and Chandrashila can be snowy in winters. Yet, it is the most rewarding endpoint of the whole trek. Chandrashila trek height is 12,110 feet, right above Tungnath. The Chandrashila trek package includes all the above-mentioned destinations by default.
Altitude: 8,556 ft.
Altitude: 8,556 ft to 13,120 ft at Chandrashila returning to 8,556 ft.
Altitude: 8,556 ft to 6,600 ft to Deoria Tal and to 8,000 ft
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -1
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses, Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Backpack 60L
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Chopta. 2. All stays at Chopta are included in swiss tents on sharing basis. 3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 3 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek. 4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route 5. Transportation from Delhi to Delhi as per itinerary. 1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%). 2. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you. 3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest. 4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
Inclusions of Chopta, Tungnath, Chandrashila Trek :-
Exclusions of Chopta, Tungnath, Chandrashila Trek :-
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Chopta.
2. All stays at Chopta are included in swiss tents on sharing basis.
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 3 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Transportation from Delhi to Delhi as per itinerary.
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Answer: A Person should be of par average fitness.
Answer: You can expect snowfall in winter.
Answer: Jio network is working currently.
Answer: Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes
Answer: We recommend carrying warm clothes, a raincoat, extra socks and a windproof jacket.
Answer: Veg meals.
Answer: Drinking water is available throughout the trail.
Answer: An easy trek perfect for first-timers and beginners.
Answer: Swiss Tents
Answer: You will be served with Vegetarian meals throughout the trails.
Answer: Aadhar card, Voter-id card, Driving license etc.
Average Rating 4.5