How far can you go in the name of thrill? Enroll for Auden's Col Trek, an extreme expedition journeying across glacial moraines, immense natural beauty, and much more. A complete adventure package for avid hikers, reaching an astonishing height of 17716 ft. above sea level.
The expedition to Auden's Col begins with your arrival in Delhi. Meet our representative, check in to your hotel and head out for a sightseeing trip in the heart of India. After a fulfilling trip in Delhi all day, take an overnight journey to Haridwar followed by a cab ride to Uttarkashi.
Also See: Brahmatal Trek
The hiking part of the expedition begins now. Pick up your trekking tools & essentials from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi if you missed any. Later, continue journeying along spellbinding natural beauty, magnificent peaks, and endless adventure. Starting from the first stop at Gangotri.
Gangotri is a well-known Hindu pilgrimage town on the banks of the Bhagirathi River. The holy town is located on the Greater Himalayan Range, at the height of 10,200 ft. The place has a connection with a popular Hindu legend. According to which, it was here that the Goddess Ganga descended when Lord Shiva released the mighty river from the locks of his hair.
Acclimatize at one of the Chota Char Dham pilgrim circuits, enjoying the company of numerous sadhus meditating at every turn. Meanwhile, spend a day visiting the holy Bhagirathi Shila and the Pandava Gufa. Later after spending enough time in the quaint town, retire back to your hotel and rest for the day.
Wake up on a fresh morning, have your breakfast and start your trek to Gangotri 1 Base Camp via Nalla camp. Start hiking on the left section of the Bhagirathi River, crossing birch and maple trees towards the Rudragaira Nalla. After which, you will make a steep climb over a meadow followed by a river crossing. Keep trekking over the glacial moraines to reach the base camp. Spend an overnight stay followed by a day of acclimatization at the Gangotri 1 Base Camp.
After you are properly acclimatized, you will head towards the Auden's Col Base Camp. In this 6 hours hike to 15748 ft. height, you will cross the Gangotri Range (G1, G2 & G3) to the north and the Jogin group (J1, J2) to the south. Upon arrival, pitch your tents at the foot of the col and relax for the day with hot meals. Take proper rest, as you will cross the Auden's Col the next day.
The following day, get fresh, have your breakfast, and buckle up to reach the highest point (17716 ft.) in the entire expedition. Take a steep snowy ascend to reach the Auden's Col. There awaits the magical view of Khatling Glacier, and the mountain peaks of Jaonli, Kedarnath, Jogin & Gangotri. The best part is that the adventure doesn't end here.
Once spending enough time at the col, start descending to the Khatling Glacier Camp I. Get one of the most thrilling experiences of passing the heavily crevassed Khatling Glacier. Descend with a fixed rope on the vertical ice walls. Sounds like a scene from the Hollywood movie- Vertical Limit, that you'll surely be re-enacting here.
Later, descend to the Khatling Glacier Camp II. Considered the best part of the trek which is surrounded by high Himalayas jutting next to each other. Khatling is joined by other small glaciers, hanging up on high mountains and nearly complex ice formations. Furthermore, descend down on the glacial moraine with ice walls rising 100 feet beside Bhilangana River. Later, get a unique experience of spending a night at the Khatling Cave/Tambakunda.
The weather is unpredictable up there, which makes this expedition more challenging and exciting at the same time. Besides, you will be accompanied by professional experts and guides who will make sure you have a safe and memorable journey.
Walk through the dense mixed forest of Oak, Birch, Deodar, Fir & Rhododendron, crossing small groups of mountain villages to reach Haridwar. Post reaching Haridwar, board on the Shatabdi Express to Delhi, marking the end of Auden's Col Trek Package.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –5/6, Trekking Pants -5-6
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (5-6 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. Valid government ID proof (Passport)
1. All Stays during the trek in guest houses, tents as per the itinerary.
2. All transportation from Delhi to Guest House/ Hotel on day 1 and back to Delhi on day 16.
3. Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying at the Hotel/ Guest House.
4. Meals on a MAP basis during your stay at the guest house and all meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening snacks + Dinner) during the trek.
5. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
9. Experienced trek leader who has ample knowledge of the route.
10. Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder
11. Forest entry and permit fee
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurance.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein, or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Flight charges to reach and depart from Delhi
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5