Imagine yourself sitting on top of a humongous rock which is half in the air and from where you can clearly spot the entire Manali town sitting quietly at the foothills of the mountains entangled with warped icy blue coloured Beas river. What a splendid scene it would be! That’s the kind of magic Lamadugh’s top gifts in your lap to witness and awe-inspire you. A chance to peek over the entire landscape of Manali, Hadimba temple and the Solang valley right in front of your eyes is nothing less than a bare glimpse of the heaven on earth.
Lamadugh trek which is one of the treks near Manali is more than a single day hike or a sheer chance to wander in the wild, it is a rare chance to lose yourself in the maze of enchanting pine and deodar trees, viridescent and vibrant large clearings of meadows, and a breath swaying views from the top. Though Manali is a very charming hamlet and full of crazy people for someone who is looking for a quiet place with a pinch of an adventure, Lamadugh stands out in all the ways.
It starts with a normal sporadic stony ascend but gradually turns into a very steep and slippery trail with only you and your pals in the entire route. Lamadugh trek is where almost in the entire journey it will be only you and your friends in the valley with lush green plants singing and dancing around you. It’s a place far-far away from anything like a bustling city across India.
The Lamadugh trek route cuts through large forests and green lands with some rare sightings of birds and wildlife. For someone who wishes to pursue to get some astonishing pictures of rarest birds and hidden animals, Lamadugh is a must-go trek.
With just a few hours of the trek over the Lamadugh distance of 6 km one side, it offers you more than any weekend trek can. The weather during the expedition is very sporadic and unpredictable, depending on the time you are visiting, the atmosphere changes through myriad phases. If It has not already turned into Lamadugh snow trek, then in not so wild winters, the route sometimes gets extremely foggy with opaque clouds of mist floating through you or sometimes glares with sunny weather with a pleasant atmosphere.
Old Manali which is one of the most charming towns in the northern part of Himachal Pradesh is especially famous amongst the crazy community of backpackers and escapers. The Tibetan food in the local market, the thrill of paragliding and rafting, and the chance to visit Rohtang pass will stay etched forever in your heart in the name of Manali. Besides all of these things, don’t forget to visit Jogini falls and Hadimba temple amidst enjoying the chills of thick cold snow.
Above all, Manali trekking is an amazing way to escape the bouncing crowd of the city and went out in solemn. Treks in Manali such as Lamadugh trek, Beas Kund trek, friendship peak trek and Hampta trek are few of those amazing treks which will take you through a road full of impulsive adventures, thrills and sceneries.
This is your time to convince your friends, pack your rucksack, and book your package with us and join us on an excursion to an adorable mountain.
Moustache believes in a vision of ‘Affordable travelling’ with maximum fun and adventure. We believe that travelling should not be common only amongst the high-end groups but with anyone and everyone. Therefore, our packages are weaved to be extremely affordable and accessible by all. In times of pandemic, moustache also offers a very flexible cancellation and rescheduling policy which almost none of the other companies provides.
Lama Dugh single day visit:
Start Point: Moustache Manali
Start Time: 9 am
Altitude: 6,730 ft to 9,900 ft
Trek: 12 km (6 - 8 hrs)
After you have seeped in a sense of achievement and satisfaction, start trekking back. The trail is going to be the same. Try not making it very late as the moment night starts falling in, you will have troubles start creeping in. Rest, we will be there to look after your safety and take you back to the Moustache hostel.
Meeting point for this trek is Moustache Hostel in Old Manali, If you are in Old Manali you can just walk to the meeting point or you can take share taxi or auto rickshaw to reach the meeting point.
1. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood
2. Scarf/muffler (optional)
3. Comfortable Hiking shoes
4. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri Bottles!!)
5. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
6. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
7. Personal toiletries
8. Hand Sanitizer
9. Extra face masks
1. Transport from Moustache Old Manali to Trek Starting Point
2. Local trek guides who have ample knowledge of the trek.
3. Packed Lunch
4. Forest entry fee is included in the trek fees.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Anything of personal use.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 48 hours prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of the trek, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.