Hornbill Festival 2021 Tour
Hornbill Festival - It's not just the festival. It’s the Festival of Festivals!
Get ready to witness a vivid expression of Nagaland tribal culture and tradition, at the Hornbill Festival. The Hornbill Mahotsav is a 16 year old tradition that showcases a powerful representation of Naga Tribes through splendid music, dance, performances, and much more. Moreover, experience the beauty of the North East reflected through its unique and rich biodiversity and local attractions as well.
Meet your guide as you land in Dimapur, who will brief you about the tour on the way to Khonoma. Enjoy your driveway crosses through local markets, enjoying laal cha. Finally, arrive in the village of Khonoma- home of the Angami Naga tribe who are native to Nagaland, India. Besides, it is also the first green village in Asia. Enjoy an overnight leisure stay resting and relaxing at your Inn.
The next morning, get ready to take a closer look at tribal lifestyle. Try your hands chopping firewood, fetching water, and other daily tribal activities. Later, have your breakfast served, overlooking a terrace field. Take a local sightseeing tour in the village, and afterward enjoy a picnic lunch at the buffer zone of ‘Khonoma Nature Conservation & Tragopan Sanctuary. Post lunch, drive back to Kohima for an overnight stay.
Wake up to your leisurely breakfast and get ready for the most popular tribal festival in India- Hornbill Festival. Drive down to the Naga Heritage Village of Kisama where the festival takes place and witness the culture and traditions of different Naga ethnic groups. Enjoy a great time interacting with locals and capturing their lifestyle, tasting their local drinks and cuisines. Moreover, explore some local attractions of Kohima including the World War II cemetery, local bazaar, and the Cathedral at Kohima. Visit Kigwema village for an FAQ session about native lifestyle and get a chance to sit inside a Morung- an old traditional house for tribal gatherings and occasions. Afterward, drive back to Kohima for your overnight stay.
The following day, the tour continues for a trek to Dzukou Valley. Also known as the “Valley of Flowers”, the Dzukou Valley trek is moderately difficult rewarding you with rich natural beauty. Explore the valley in its eternal charm, enjoying a bonfire under a sky full of stars and retire into your tented accommodation afterward. The next morning, you will trek back to the starting point and head to Dimapur for an overnight stay.
The Hornbill Festival 2021 Tour package next visits the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kaziranga National Park. A paradise for all nature lovers, Kaziranga National Park is famous for its one-horned rhinoceroses and has set an example of Rhino and Tiger conservation in India. Upon arrival, check into the hotel and spend the evening at leisure enjoying a cultural dance performance at Orchid Park, performed by locals. Enjoy an early morning jeep safari through one of the 3 ranges of the park. Head back to the hotel for breakfast and drive to the last destination of the tour package Guwahati. Head for an evening cruise over the Brahmaputra River or explore the local markets on your own. Later, spend an overnight in Guwahati and rest.
The next morning, you will be driven to the airport, marking the end of the Hornbill Festival Tour Package.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5