Situated in the north most of the country, the trip to Kashmir predominantly encompasses mountains with deep, narrow valleys and high, barren plateaus. What makes it the heaven of Earth is the scenic lakes, amazing peak views with the most gracious cultural experience throughout the region.
The 6 days and 5 nights trip to Kashmir begins with your arrival at Srinagar. And, with your shared boathouse stay, you can start vibing with the beautiful Dal Lake. Situated in the Kashmir Valley on the banks of the Jhelum River, Srinagar is the summer capital of the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Along with its natural environment, gardens, waterfronts, and houseboats, the city is also known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts like Kashmir shawls and also dried fruits. Perfect for souvenirs. No matter if you are on water or the land, the beauty of this city is truly mesmerizing. And, with your one-day stay at Srinagar, it’s hard to cover it all. Still, you should take a stroll to places like Jama Masjid, Mughal Garden, Hazratbal Garden, and Shankaracharya Temple and admire its beauty equally magnificent on land.
Also See: Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
The next stop is Gulmarg which translated as the ‘Meadow of flowers’. Located in the Pir Panjal Range in the Western Himalayas, the route to Gulmarg is accompanied by dense forest all around. Which will surely make you multiple halts for you can savor every moment and every scenic view. Situated within the boundaries of Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary, the hill station is known for multiple mountaineering activities such as Cable car rides, Skiing, etc. If you are looking for thrilling snow activities, Gulmarg is your stop.
Also See: Popular Treks in Kashmir & Ladakh
Once done with your trip at Gulmarg, you can head to Pahalgam via Srinagar. The route to Pahalgam takes a lunch break at Dal Lake, followed by lush green meadows and pristine waters throughout the driveway to Pahalgam. Known as the ‘Village of Shepards’, the road to Pahalgam starts to ascending with widening views. And once you arrive at the hill station, you can make your stay at your respective hotel room. Being a popular hill station, Pahalgam has some interesting tourist attractions such as the Pahalgam golf course, vast meadows, with a small trip to the local market of Pahalgam.
The Pahalgam stay is situated nearby two of the famous tourist attraction site. Aru Valley (12 km) and Betaab Valley (15 km). The Aru Valley is noted for its scenic meadows, alpine lakes, and mountains. And, due to the heavy snowfall received during winters, it is a popular ground for, skiing and heli-skiing practices. Other popular tourist activities include fishing trout in the Lidder River, trekking, hiking, horse riding, sightseeing, and photography.
Secondly, the Betaab Valley, lying between the two Himalayan Ranges– Pir Panjal and Zanskar. Got its name from the Sunny Deol-Amrita Singh hit debut film Betaab, the valley is surrounded by lush green meadows, snow-clad mountains, and covered with dense vegetation. The Betaab Valley is a walk-able distance from Pahalgam. The crystal clear & chilly water of the stream bubbling down from the snowy hills is a delight; locals here drink this water too. Baisaran and Tulian Lake are few nearby attractions that can be visited.
The Kashmir trip continues with Sonamarg as your next stop. Take the route back to Srinagar for your lunch break and head on to the road to Sonamarg. The entire route to Sonamarg is quite refreshing, as you drive through the gushing water of Sind River until you reach Sonamarg. Experience the mesmerizing drive to Sonamarg, since it follows the same route as to the Leh-Ladhak destination. Check into your hotel room, freshen up, and relax.
One of the nearby high altitude attractions is Zoji La. Situated 15 km from Sonamarg, Zoji La pass provides a vital link between Ladakh and Kashmir Valley. It runs at an elevation of approximately 3,528 meters (11,575 ft.) and is the second-highest pass after Fotu La on the Srinagar-Leh National Highway. Often closed during winter, Zoji La Pass was assaulted during the Indo-Pakistani War 1947-1948 but was captured back by the Indian army under Operation Bison.
Check out the property and ride back to Srinagar traveling clear streams, magnificent peaks views, along with the beautiful lakes; once again for the last time which will mark the end of the entire Kashmir trip.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood.
3. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler.
4. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
5. Comfortable sports shoes.
6. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
7. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face.
8. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
9. Personal toiletries
10. Hand Sanitizer & Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our team on your arrival at Srinagar with a warm welcome drink.
2. All stays on a dual sharing basis.
3. Meals on a MAP basis (Breakfast + Dinner). Starting from day 1 dinner to day 6 breakfast.
4. Skilled local guide cum driver who has ample knowledge of the route.
5. All transportation from Srinagar to Srinagar.
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation to Aru & Batab valley on day 4 & visit to Zero Point on day 5 are not included in the package price.
4. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 48 hours prior to the start of the tour, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of th tour, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the tour, 100% of total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the tour by paying 25% of booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5