Forsyth Trail Trek
Forsyth Trail Trek : How would you like to hike on a trail discovered over a century ago, but walked on by only a few? Of course, the exception being the diverse species of wildlife that has travelled the trail time and again. Forsyth trail is the expedition Captain James Forsyth headed 150 years ago which led him to a plateau’s discovery where today sits the town Pachmarhi, which is the highest point of Madhya Pradesh. Get ready for a 4 days 3 nights deep excursion into the unexplored rainforests forests of Madhya Pradesh as you embark on your Pachmarhi trekking. You’ll find many strikingly coloured stone formations glowing different shades of red and purple. Hidden beaches and waterfalls await you.
Also See: Night On Wheels - Pachmarhi
We begin our journey from Moustache Gypsy Camp, Pagara. Located in the Satpura Forest range, the campsite offers a splendid view of the second oldest mountain ranges in the world through which we’ll be walking in the upcoming days. Take your high tea to the view of the setting sun and listen to the instructions dictated by the trek guide. A good night’s sleep is crucial so we make sure we serve you delicious dinner. Before you retire, come look at the sparkly stars and spot some interesting constellations. Tomorrow is the day of the unexplored Pachmarhi trekking.
The next day is fuming with excitement as your journey into the unexplored begins. Today we begin the Forsyth trail. After breakfast, we hop straight into a 10Km drive to Pachmahri, the fascinating little town overlooked by the Satpura ranges. Post reaching Pachmarhi Naka, you take the first step of your trek as soon as you get down from the vehicle. We move towards Dehliya through thick forests abundant with wildlife and greenery. These woods are home to many animals including tigers, bison, leopards, sloth bears, spotted deers, etc. Keep an eye out for rare species of birds like the paradise flycatcher, Indian roller, Indian Pitta, etc. The great Indian vultures found in Satpura are on the verge of extinction, so find yourself lucky if you spot one.
Since rarely travelled on, these trails have nature wrapped densely around them. Pay close attention to the information imparted to you by the accompanying Naturalist. It’s time for lunch at a riverbank at Kanjighat. Back on the trail, you’ll find the evening settling as you reach Dehliya where the trek leader will arrange some team building activities for you. The river Denwa backwaters will greet you as you reach. As the evening settles into its prime, you’ll see many stars show their face. We bet you want to look at them closer. We have a power telescope for just that. Enchanting stories of the cosmos with a delicious dinner are the optimal combination of a good night’s sleep in your tent.
Also See: Satpura Nature Walk
The next day is dedicated to adventure and exploration. After having a riverside breakfast, let’s look around for some hidden beaches and waterfalls of Denwa River. Notice how the marble and sandstone rocks are uniquely formed. This area was Initially submerged underwater and what you’re currently walking on was once the bottom of an ocean. Find the best looking beach to have your lunch at. Head back to your campsite and it’s time to go on a 15km off-roading adventure to the Moustache Gypsy Camps. Come back to welcoming smiles and high tea to relax with. Dinner and bonfire later, you’re all tucked in bed and sunken into a deep slumber. The sun greets you with its gentle rays the next day. Have your breakfast as you ponder over the adventures you had on this trip.
Your Trip Ends Here!!
1. Shirts / T-shirts
2. Trek Pants
3. Small Backpack 30L
2. Comfortable walking shoes
3. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
4. Water bottle
5. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
6. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
7. Personal toiletries
8. Hand Sanitizer & face masks
1. All stays included
- Stay in camps on Day 1
- Stay in Tents on day 2
2. All Meals included
- Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner on Day 2
- Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner on Day 3
- Breakfast on Day 4
3. Skilled local naturalist who have ample knowledge of the route
4. Trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
5. All govt. and forest permit charges
6. Transportation from Gypsy camps to Pachmarhi Naka and Dehliya to Gypsy camps is included
1. The above tour charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation to reach tour start & end point.
4. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5