Tarsar Marsar trek is about unveiling the untouched beauty of the Kashmir valley and letting it be. It is about trekking to the remotest area of this state and finding peace within yourself.
Also See: Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Tarsar Marsar Lake trek is one of the other hidden gems of Kashmir valley beside the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek. Located amidst a vast landscape of lush green meadows, snow-fed lakes, and great Himalayan ranges, this trek is a perfect summary of the Kashmir valley.
You might have trekked to several high altitude lakes during your expeditions in other states of India, but you must have never seen something like Tarsar Marsar. Throughout the entire trek, you pass through three distinct lakes - Tarsar, Marsar, and Sundersar. All being extremely beautiful one of the other.
What makes the trek to these lakes more achieving is the campsites. Unlike many other treks in India, this trek lets you camp just a meter away from the beautiful waters of these lakes. Imagine, the first thing in the morning is you sitting beside that lake and witnessing the gorgeous sun coming out. Doesn’t it look like a dream to behold?
The next thing to astonish you about this trek is the meadows. Even though you have treks such as Buran Ghati and Dayara Bugyal who boast the stark beauty of their meadows, there is just something special about Kashmir’s meadows.
The Tarsar Marsar trail passes through the most vivid meadows you can think of. If you are there at the right time, you get to walk through fields flourishing with lush green meadows which are further complemented by blooming pink, yellow, and red flowers.
How is your stay going to be?
Moustache believes that trek is about venturing off the luxury but staying with comfort. Considering Tarsar Marsar trek happens out in the wild, we do not have property constructed hotels. Therefore we have got you something more exciting to stay in - Camping.
You will be allotted tents on a sharing basis (duo, triple, or quad) and will be of the best quality whatsoever. As far as the washroom facilities are concerned, we will dry toilets for the same.
Also See: Popular Kashmir & Ladakh Treks
How difficult is the Tarsar Marsar Trek?
Tarsar Marsar is a fairly easy to moderate trek. As the majority of the trek happens on gradual alleviation grounds, you won’t face much difficulty to pass through. Mostly the trail meanders through meadows and grasslands, you don't have paved paths but muddy ones.
The only thing that is of concern is the length of the treks. The entire distance is 37 km long that you cover in seven odd days. On each day, you travel between 5 - 7 km in 5 - 6 hours.
Tarsar Marsar trek is popular for its immense beauty. Kashmir has forever been the focal point of many tourists from all around the world. Kashmir's otherworldly splendor is undeniably captivating, attracting poets, outdoor enthusiasts, and visitors alike. Snow-capped peaks, silky lush forests, rapidly flowing rivers, alpine woods, stunning alpine lakes, and other natural features adorn the state's terrain. Kashmir truly earns the moniker "Heaven on Earth." Aside from its ethereal beauty, Kashmir is home to a number of notable Himalayan hikes. The most famous one is the Tarsar Marsar trek. On the Tarsar Marsar lake hike, the way is breathtakingly gorgeous. The months of July and August are the most pleasant for this walk. When it's bright, the weather ranges from 15 to 18 degrees. Temperatures range from 4 to 5 degrees in gloomy or moist conditions. However, it drops to 1-3 degrees after nightfall. Tarsar Marsar's temperature begins to cool mid-August until September. Temperatures at night range from -3 to -5 degrees during these dates. Come join us on the Tarsar Marsar Trek.
(For further queries regarding Pahalgam temperature, distance from Srinagar to Pahalgam, Srinagar height, and Srinagar altitude call us or write to us today!)
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants - 2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler.
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face.
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
18. 5 - 6 Copy of valid Government ID proof.
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Aru campsite.
2. All stays included from Day 1 to Day 6 in tents on a sharing basis:
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 7 Lunch. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for drinking purpose shall be provided on request.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - micro spikes & gaiters (Only if Required), basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 7, to reach Aru campsite and to end destination respectively are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,500 per tent).
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5