Stok Kangri Trek - Ladakh is the land of high passes and is the most picturesque and unexplored region of India, many travellers and trekkers from around the globe visit this place to wander around. Out of many famous spots of Ladakh such as Nubra Valley, Khardung La, and the Chadar Trek, the Stok Kangri trek is slowly and gradually picking up the likes of the travellers.
The trek of Stok Kangri starts from the city of Leh which is situated at an altitude of 11,500 ft and goes upto an altitude of 20,180 ft, sounds adventurous right! It is a 9 days trek which has 2 acclimatisation days and 1 leisure day. The unique trek of Ladakh region is not very much explored or you can say not much trekked by the trekkers, due to the altitude gain it offers and lack of Knowledge also.
The Trek of Stok Kangri starts from the Ladakhi city of Leh and after a drive to the Stok Village you start your hike todarward the other spots, you cross various small villages and many water streams, also you pass through the glacier, it gets a bit cold in the evenings. The summit point of the trek offers a wide view of many ranges such as Zanskar ranges to the south and Karakoram range to the right.
Also See: Popular Kashmir & Ladakh Treks
We at Moustache are offering our trekkers an exciting itinerary of the trek with everything included. The trek of Stok Kangri is an experience in its own, you slowly and gradually ascend to different heights, we keep in mind the body functioning at such places that’s why we are offering acclimatization days included in the package.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses, Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
16. Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
There will be no equipment on rental available at Leh, hence we advise to carry all the the equipment mentioned from your home town.
1. Accommodation in Leh Stays in Guest Houses on sharing basis in Leh on Day 1 & 8.
2. For Day 1 and Day 2 meals will be on MAP basis (Breakfast and Dinner).
3. All meals included on trek, Veg only (Breakfast/Lunch/Evening Snacks/Dinner) starting on Day 3 Lunch to Day 9 Breakfast.
4. Transportation from Leh to Stok Vilage on Day 3 and Stok Vilage to Leh on Day 8.
5. Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying in Guest House in Leh.
6. Stay in Alpine/Dome Tents on Double/Triple sharing the basis from day 3 - 7.
7. Kitchen, Dining and Toilet tents will be used during the trek.
8. Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
9. Experienced trek leader who has ample knowledge of the route.
10. Porters for carrying common equipment’s (like rations/tents/utensils/groceries).
11. Equipment – Tents on triple & quad sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats.
12. Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
13. The Facility of keeping extra luggage at Leh when leaving for the trek.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%)
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
3. Services for Luggage offloading or Personal Potters for carrying bag up to 10 KGs only from Day 3 to Day 8 will be additional & borne by the guest only. Potters are subject to availability & need to check at the time of booking.
4. Room Heaters at Guest House in Leh (We suggest not to use the room heaters as the same dehydrate the body and your body won’t get acclimatize to gear up for the Chadar trek)
5. Cost of transport, meals and stay if in case you leave the trek in between and return to Leh before the scheduled arrival on Day 8
6. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
7. Any additional cost incurred due to do changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
8. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5