The breathtaking views of Kangra valley and the snow-capped Dhauladhar range combined sums up the Triund. The Triund trek is the most popular weekend trek from the busy cities of Delhi & Chandigarh, it is one of the rewarding treks of the Himalayas. If You want to take a break from your busy life but have leave constraints, then this trek is just perfect for you.
Also See: Popular Treks in Himachal
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Moustache Mcleodganj
Stay Type: Stay will be in rooms on a double / triple sharing basis.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 2: Mcleodganj to Triund, via Mahana
Altitude: 6,831 ft to 9,350 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals Included: Breakfast, Evening Snacks and Dinner (Lunch is optional and can be arranged at extra cost)
Stay Included: Stay in tents on a double/triple sharing basis
Day 3: Triund to Mcleodganj
Altitude: 9,350 ft to 6,381 ft
Distance: 480 km
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals included: Breakfast
*The tour ends here.*
Air: Take a flight to Delhi or Chandigarh airport and from there take a bus to reach Mcleodganj.
Road: Mcleodganj is well connected from different parts of the country by road.
Rail: Take a train to Delhi, Chandigarh or Pathankot railway station and from there you can take a bus or cab to reach Mcleodganj.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater (in Winters)
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves & regular socks
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole (Optional)
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer
16. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our team with on your arrival at Moustache Mcleodganj.
2. Stay in Rooms and Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis.
(i) Stay in hostel room on day 1 on double sharing basis
(ii) Stay in tents on Day 2 on double / triple sharing basis.
3. All meals included for Day 1, 2 & 3
(i) Day 1 - Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast - Evening Snacks - Dinner
(iii) Day 3 Breakfast
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for drinking purpose can be provided on request.
6. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
6. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra.
Average Rating 4.5