A perfect weekender's hike in Himachal - Triund Trek is defined by the stunning views of the Kangra valley and the snow-capped Dhauladhar Mountain. The hike to triund top, saves you from rushing city life and rewards you with the Himalayas. It is one of the popular treks among Delhites and the ones who are travelling from Chandigarh. As it is closer to these locations.
The Triund Trek Package begins at 10 AM at Moustache Mcleodganj hostel followed by half 'n' hour of the briefing. The Triund camping trail journeys on a well-paved path crossing the fresh Oak & Rhododendron trees with a gradual ascend. You can also spot various species of birds, enjoying the amazing chirping sound they produce all along the trek.
The most memorable part of the journey is the breath taking sunset, which can't be expressed in words. Capture the spectacular view as the sun dives into the sea of clouds, leaving a small stint of its glow in the sky. Also, witness the entire sky covered under the blanket of shimmering starlight. Truly a heavenly sight to capture.
Mcleodganj or the city of Dalai Lama is the starting point of the Triund trek camping. Also, known as "Little Lhasa" or "Dhasa", the hospitality you get here is also very warm as the locals have an adaptive Tibetian culture. The place is filled with colorful monasteries, beautiful local, and charming culture. One must try all these things while they make visit here.
Worried about budget stay that’s nearby city’s popular attractions? Head straight to our backpacker stay at Moustache Mcleodganj. Situated 2 km from Dharamkund, our backpacker hostel is nestled with great views outside and a cozy, comfortable, and friendly ambiance inside.
The entire Triund Trekking Package completes in 2 Days / 1 Night only, reaching the Triund altitude of 9,350 ft. However, visiting Triund valley on weekends assures your perfect weekend escape to the Himalayas. Besides, you will get less crowd as compared to weekdays. Enjoy the best of nature with Triund trek camping. Experience the world of trekking with this entry-level trek.
Triund temperatures will vary depending on the season you plan to walk.
You can expect daytime temperatures of 16 to 25 degrees Fahrenheit, if you go hiking in the summer. It can get down to 7 to 10 degrees at night.
Temperatures will begin to drop after the monsoon and during the months leading up to triund trek in winters (September to December). The daytime temperatures will be nice, ranging from 14 to 18 degrees. It can get down to 1 to 5 degrees at night.
The Triund snowline trek is exhilarating and adventurous, but it is important to keep track of the time of the year for Triund Trek Booking. Except for the monsoon months of July and August and the high winter months of January and February; the Triund trek is possible at any time of year. The greatest months to go hiking are March to June. If you want to see the mountain peaks in the finest light, then you must choose during the Post-monsoon season. Triund camp booking in December will reward you with its first snowfall.
In contrast to other summit climbs, Triund hill is not the last stop on the journey. For trekkers, there's a lot more to see and do. If you want to learn more about the Himalayas and go trekking, Triund is the perfect place to start. There are numerous sites to visit, including hiking to the snow line, visiting the Lakha Cave, and trekking to Indrahar Pass for more experienced hikers over several days. Just visit our website at www.moustachescapes.com and experience them all.
Altitude: 6,831 ft to 9,350 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals Included: Evening Snacks and Dinner (Lunch is optional and can be arranged at extra cost)
Stay Included: Stay in tents on a double/triple sharing basis
Arrive at McLeod Ganj - Triund Trek starting point. Meet our ground team at the appointed place followed by a short briefing.
The trek starts sharp at 10 o’clock, post briefing. The Triund trek height ascends gradually on a paved trail.
Please note that your lunch is not included in the package and can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 100.
However, you can always opt for local dhabas on the way to enjoy some authentic cuisines on your own.
Finally, reach the ridge-top of Triund wrapped with the picturesque views of the Kangra valley and the Dhauladhar range.
Cherish the spectacular sunset view and later descend 2 km to Mahana village for overnight camping under the stars.
Altitude: 9,350 ft to 6,381 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals included: Breakfast
Wake up to the mountain views, having a steamy breakfast at an altitude of 9000 ft.
After spending enough time around Mahana village, hike back to the base camp.
Capture all the wonderful time with the mountains, bidding farewell to the trek.The trek ends here!!
Air: Take a flight to Dharamshala airport and a cab to reach the base point, or else if the flight landing timings are past 10 am then you can book a stay for the day and join the trek next day.
Road: Volvo transfers are available from Delhi or Chandigarh to Mcleodganj, after reaching you can take a cab to report at the base point.Rail: Take a train to Pathankot or Chandigarh railway station and from there you can take a shared cab or bus to reach Mcleodganj.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater (in Winters)
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves & regular socks
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole (Optional)
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer16. Extra face masks
1. Stay in Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis.
2. Meals included for Day 1 & 2
(i) Day 1 - Evening Snacks and Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast
3. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
4. Hot water for drinking purpose can be provided on request.
5. Trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
6. All govt. and forest permit charges
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation to reach trek starting point.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Answer: The Triund Trek is open all year round, During the months of April-May-June, Sept-Oct to enjoy a lush green environment and the months of Nov-March to enjoy a chilly and snow-filled environment.
Answer: We recommend using good quality sports/hiking shoes for the trek of Triund. We recommend waterproof hiking shoes as in mountains it might rain anytime
Answer: In summers it ranges between 10 to 25 degree celsius, however in winters it ranges between -5 to 10 degree celsius.
Answer: During the trek of Triund, you can enjoy a bonfire evening with light music while sharing your stories to other group mates and listening to their’s, and also you can enjoy the best stargazing in the region.
Answer: No, it is not recommended to consume alcohol during the trek to Triund, as it might cause acute mountain sickness.
Answer: Yes, camping is allowed in the Triund trek.*
Answer: The Triund trek falls under the easy category, hence the path is well paved and will not require much effort to hike.
Answer: No, the Diamox is not advisable for the trek of Triund since you will be touching an altitude of 9,350 ft. You can carry the tablet and if you observe any symptoms of AMS then you can have it only on the recommendation of your trek leader.
Answer: The shared washroom/toilet facilities are available on the Triund Trek Package.
Answer: A basic fitness level is required for the trek of Triund, a trekker should be able to jog for 2-3 km under 60 min.
Answer: There are multiple ways to reach the Triund trek base camp, proper information is listed on the website under the Triund page.
Answer: Yes, the Triund trek is open all year round except in monsoon season.
Answer: Yes, you can book the trek of Triund 24 hours before the start date after paying the full amount at the portal.
Answer: Yes, meals are included in the Triund Trek package, you will be provided with Dinner on day 1 and breakfast on day 2.
Answer: The start and end of the Triund Trek will be the Bhagsu Naag temple.
Answer: There are no criteria for a minimum group size for the Triund Trek, a solo traveler can also hop onto for the trek.
Answer: Yes, pickup and drop facility is available from delhi at an additional cost.
Answer: Yes, The Triund trek is and always will be very safe for solo and female travelers. Proper safety steps are being taken on the ground.
Answer: Yes, as it falls under the easy category and has gradual ascent throughout the trek, which makes it a perfect trek for first timers.
Answer: Total distance of Triund trek is approx 18kms (9kms each side).
Answer: During the trek of Triund, you will be staying in Alpine/Dome tents. One can opt for Triund top stay or the Mahana campsite which is 2 km away from Triund Top and is less crowded.
Answer: The Triund trek is for the beautiful views of the valley and magical sunset and sunrise from the top.
Answer: The maximum altitude of the Triund Trek will be 9,350 ft when you reach the top.
Answer: Yes, you can enjoy the snowfall in the Triund Trek from November to February.
Answer: Yes, mobile networks are available throughout the trek of Triund.
Answer: This is easy and not much of the equipment is required for the trek, a proper list of things to carry is listed on the website under the Triund trek page, you must check it.
Answer: You can visit Bhagsu Falls, Bhagsu Nag Temple, Dal Lake, Dalai Lama Temple, and the market area of Mcleodganj near the Triund Trek.
Average Rating 4.5