Mcleodganj to Triund Trek
Mcleodganj to Triund Trek: The breathtaking views of the Kangra valley and the snow-capped Dhauladhar Mountain distinguish the Triund Trekking. The Mcleodganj to Triund trek package is among the most popular weekend treks between Delhi and Chandigarh, and it is one of the most rewarding Himalayan hikes. If you want to get away from your busy life but don't have enough vacation time, this hike is ideal for you.
The round trip from Mcleodganj to Triund starts and ends in Delhi. All you need to do is arrive in Delhi and meet our representative at the designated location point. After then, you will be traveling on a Volvo to arrive in Mcleodganj. Once reached, check-in at Moustache Mcleodganj and rest for the day.
The hiking part of the Mcleodganj Triund trip begins at 10 a.m. with a half-hour briefing. Once you leave the hostel, the three-mile camping trail follows a well-paved path that ascends gradually between new Oak and Rhododendron trees. You can also see a variety of bird species and listen to their lovely chirping sound all along the trail.
The most unforgettable element of the tour is the gorgeous sunset, which is difficult to describe. Capture the breath-taking scenery as the sun disappears into the sea of clouds, leaving only a sliver of its radiance in the sky. Also, take in the sight of the entire sky becoming engulfed in a blanket of glistening starlight. It was indeed a lovely sight to photograph.
The Mcleodganj Triund trek from Delhi begins in Mcleodganj. A Tibetan majority hamlet, well known as "Little Lhasa" or "Dhasa," which means the Dalai Lama's city. While you the place is famous for Mcleodganj to Triund trek, the hospitality culture is truly a heart winner. Particularly friendly, the residents are welcoming and have an adaptable Tibetan culture. When visiting Mcleodganj, one must explore the city to try it. Apart from visiting colorful monasteries, gorgeous locals, and charming culture.
If you're worried about staying on a budget in Mcleodganj, then book a stay at Moustache Mcleodganj. One of the best hostels in Mcleodganj, located 2 kilometres from Dharamkund. Throughout your stay in Mcleodganj, enjoy beautiful views outside and a nice, comfortable, and welcoming ambiance inside.
The entire Mcleodganj to Triund trek distance takes only 3 days and 2 nights to complete, reaching an altitude of 9,350 feet at Triund. Enjoy a fantastic weekend break to Triund Valley, catching a glimpse of the great Himalayas. Besides, this entry-level trek introduces you to the world of trekking. It allows you to appreciate the best of nature with trekking and camping in Mcleodganj.
The temperatures at Mcleodganj Triund tour, varies with the season which you intend to hike.
During summer, the temperature at Mcleodganj trek, varies between 16 and 25 degrees Fahrenheit by day. While the temperature drops below 7 to 10 degrees in the evening.
The temperature begins to fall as the winter is about to arrive (September to December). The weather will be pleasant during the day, with temperatures ranging between 14 and 18 degrees. During the night, temperatures might drop between 1 to 5 degrees.
The Mcleodganj adventure trek to Triund is thrilling and full of adventures. Although, it's crucial to keep track of the time of year while booking a Triund trek. The hike to Triund top is accessible at any time of year, except for the monsoon (July and August) and the harsh winter (January and February). March to June are the best months to go trekking. You must visit during the Post-monsoon season if you want to see the mountain peaks in their best light. In December, the Triund walk will be rewarded with its first snowfall.
Mcleodganj to Triund Trek is not the last stop on the route. But instead, it's a great place to start if you want to learn more about the Himalayas and go trekking. How about hiking on the snow line visiting the Lakha Cave, or taking a turn to Indrahar Pass, excellent for more experienced hikers. It's not the end, it's just the beginning!
Camping in Mcleodganj, Anyone? Stay at one of the best hostels in Mcleodganj
Stay Included: Moustache Mcleodganj (on double/triple sharing basis)
Meals Included: Dinner
Once you have reached the Mcleodganj bus stand you will be meeting our representative. He’ll take you to our youth hostel in Mcleodganj. It will take another 15 - 20 min to reach the destination.
You will be given check-in at the rooms. Rest after a long journey.
Since our hostel is nestled near the Bhagsu Nag temple, you can step out and explore. Visit attractions nearby our hostel Mcleodganj. They’re all supported by local representative.
Explore the nearby market in the evening, you can buy some of the essentials from the market.
After the shopping, the session comes back to the hostel and enjoy your hot meal with a bonfire, and retire for the day.
Altitude: 6,831 ft to 9,350 ft
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals Included: Breakfast, Evening Snacks and Dinner (Lunch is optional and can be arranged at extra cost)
Stay Included: Stay in tents on a double/triple sharing basis
Have breakfast and pack your bags for the trek. Check out from the rooms and you can keep your extra luggage at Hostel's cloak room.
Reach the trek starting point at around 9.30 am. After half-hour of the briefing the trek starts at 10 am.
Enjoy the beautiful walk through the mixed forest of Oak & Deodar, today you trek to Triund.
The first 2 km into the trek is a steep ascent and starts getting gradual after Galu Devi temple.
You can also opt for packed lunch while on a trek to Triund at an additional cost of INR 100 or you can have lunch on any of the dhabas on the way at your own cost
The trek to Triund is considered to be an easy hike, the last 1 km is a steep ascent through the dense forest.
The Triund is basically a flat meadow that is situated on the top of the ridge.
The Triund point gives a magical view of the Kangra valley and a panoramic view of the Dhauladhar range on the other side.
Post the Triund session we will descend to Mahana village for the overnight stay, which is just 2 km from the Triund top.
Altitude: 9,350 ft to 6,381 ft
Distance: 480 km
Trek: 9km (4-5 hrs)
Meals included: Breakfast
Wake up to a lazy morning, have your breakfast at the campsite with a Himalayan view.
Post breakfast, pack your bags and start to rollback. The route back is always fun as the trails are well known and you spend extra time at a spot where you hurried on day 2.
Capture each and every moment, this will be your last day on the magical trek of Triund, with a heavy heart bid bye to the adventures of the trek.
After reaching Mcleodganj, head to the hostel and pick up your luggage (If you have kept some extra luggage in cloak room)If you have return bus in the evening, you can either relax at our common area or can go to visit market.
Air: Take a flight to Delhi or Chandigarh airport and from there take a bus to reach Mcleodganj.
Road: Mcleodganj is well connected from different parts of the country by road.
Rail: Take a train to Delhi, Chandigarh or Pathankot railway station and from there you can take a bus or cab to reach Mcleodganj.
1. Shirts / T-shirts, Jeans / Trekking Pants
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater (in Winters)
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves & regular socks
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole (Optional)
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer16. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our team with on your arrival at Moustache Mcleodganj.
2. Stay in Rooms and Alpine/Dome tents on a sharing basis.
(i) Stay in hostel room on day 1 on sharing basis
(ii) Stay in tents on Day 2 on sharing basis.
3. All meals included for Day 1, 2 & 3
(i) Day 1 - Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast - Evening Snacks – Dinner
(iii) Day 3 Breakfast
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for drinking purpose can be provided on request.
6. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - as per requirements and basic first aid kit.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.6. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5