Kheerganga Trek - What will it feel like to snug in a natural pool of comfortable warm water with massive mountains insolating you from all the sides and giving you a moment of utter freedom? What if, the entire trekking journey is all about impressive waterfalls and short natural water pools for you to take a refreshing bath? Won’t it be the most cherished times of your life?
Kheerganga trek which is only 13 few km long but is definitely not a beginner’s delight. The Kheerganga route takes you through such paved and warped trails which have been in use since several ages by the local shepherds and village dwellers. Unlike other specially made trails, such natural tracks offer an almost unpredictable number of surprises and wonders.
The lush green meadows and stupendous heightened viridescent oak trees bring an unusual sense of relief and satisfaction in the minds of the trekkers and provide an unforgettable view of the limitlessness of Himalayan mountains.
Also See: Kasol & Kheerganga Weekend Trip
Kheerganga trekking is also immensely known for its history of sustaining all kinds of traditional rituals, ways, and lifestyles of the native villages. This trek gives you a chance to stay away from unnecessary modern advancements and seep in the realm of traditionality of Himachal villages and its sweet inhabitants.
During the exciting ascend over the mountain, Parvati river will keep coming and greet you at several stoppings and crossings. These will be your opportunities to take short breaks, relax a bit, reenergize yourself and your water bottles and start again to conquer the amazing mountain.
Kheer Ganga weather is again something to flaunt for. Throughout the year except for winters, the Kheerganga temperature swings between 25 – 5 degree Celsius. This gives the landscape and astonishing verdant blanket of meadows, oak trees, bushes, and blooming flowers. The Kheerganga distance, which is only 13 km but will take you to the maximum kheerganga height of 9700 ft. and will leave you awestruck with its incredulities. You will be camping right at the summit under a sky sparkling full of stars with crazy people just like you. What a moment would it be? To sing songs and share stories until the heart empties is one of the best things one can expect on such a starry night and group of adventurous people.
Also See: Kasol Tosh Kheerganga Trek
Our starting point for the trek is Barshaini village which is approximately 16 km from Kasol. It is a sweet little hamlet in the Kullu district situated in the Parvati valley. One of the most famous things about Kasol is the transparent blue coloured Parvati river flowing just beside the village.
It holds several beautiful riverside camping sites, themed cafes and inns, and adventurous games. It is a perfect retreat for someone who is looking for some peace against the busy running life in metros and spending some time to themselves. Other than all the accessible points to Malana village, Tosh, Chalal and Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib it also offers scenic landscapes and spectacular ranges of mountains as inspirations for photographers and writers. We also have another wonderful package which will take you from Kasol to Kheerganga with amazing nights of camping and wistful games.
Come, join us to one-of-a-kind treks of Kheerganga which will ride you to a natural retreat of peace, solemness and rejuvenation.
• Take some time off from your bustling life and give it to solemn you.
• Trek through stupendous waterfalls and verdant oak forests
• Enjoy the occasional dips in the glittering water of Parvati river
• Experience bathing in a lovely hot spring deep-seated in the mountains
Moustache believes that travelling should not be restricted to high-end earners, but should be accessible to people from all walks of life. Therefore, we believe in a vision of less package costing with maximum exposure to adventurous activities. Moustache also understands the current situation of pandemic and the uncertainty it has brought in our lives; therefore, we also have a very flexible cancellation and rescheduling policy. Check the policy section to know more.
After you have safely reached Baishaini village, our journey ends here. We sincerely thank you for choosing us and keeping your trust in us. It is a goodbye to the trip from our side but not to you. We hope to see you super soon for another amazing trek.
The trek ends here.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –1/2, Jeans
2. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
3. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
4. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
5. Comfortable Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
6. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
7. Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel
8. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
9. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
10. Personal toiletries
1. You will be briefed by the trek guide on your arrival at the base camp.
2. Accommodation in dome/alpine on a sharing basis.
3. Meals Included on the basis of MAP plan (Breakfast and Dinner), Vegetarian Only.
4. Trek guide fee.
5. Hot water for drinking purpose shall be provided on request.
1. The above trek charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
5. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 2,000 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5