The Indrahar Pass Trek starts from the beautiful hill city of Mcleodganj, which is also known for the seat of Dalai Lama. The trail will go from the Dharamkot village, passing through Gala Devi temple while offering you stunning views of Kangra valley and Dharamshala town below. The trail goes to Triund which is also famous for its selective views, as the point sits over a ridge as a top meadow.
The trail from Triund goes to Lahesh caves which are again a beautiful architecture presented by mother nature, you will be amazed by nature creation, you can also take a break here, few km from this point the trail ascends dramatically, but the views offered are more pleasing than the toughs of the trail. The Indrahar pass will be presenting you a view of the Pir Panjal Range of the central Himalayas towards the north and Mani Mahesh Kailash in the east.
After spending enough time at an elevation of approx 14,245 ft, retrace you way back to the Laka Got campsite which is said to be the snout of a small glacier, recollect the memories of pass climb and retire for the day in the lap of nature.
This adventurous journey is well suited for beginners to the moderate category as well as for experienced trekkers, one must sing up to enjoy the Himalayan beauty at its best.
Indrahar Pass is a Great Himalayan crossing in the Dhauladhar region. Near the major tourist destination of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh, at an elevation of 4342 meters/14,245 feet. The Indrahar pass separates the provinces of Kangra & Chamba. The journey begins in Mcleodganj, a cozy settlement on the fringes of Dharamshala, and ends at Indrahar Pass. The route goes past the Triund, Ilaqa Pass, and Lahesh Caves, which are all well-known. The Dhauladhar's slopes don't really lend themselves to comfortable trekking. Although it takes one of the most recognized routes used by Gaddi herders en route to their summertime herding meadows in the upper Ravi Valley and Lahaul, the journey to the Indrahar pass is nothing like that. Although it is a simple trip suitable both for novices and expert hikers, the approach to the Indrahar Pass entails a continuous hike, over very gravel or rocks, which necessitates a fair degree of endurance. The holy summit of Mani Mahesh Kailash as well as the snowy peaks of Pir Panjal Range may be seen from the south. Come enjoy the Indrahar trek package with Moustache!
Here is the detailed description of Indrahar Pass temperature. There is indeed a dusting of snow on the mountains at the beginning of the year, from January to April, and it progressively melts until August. The rainfall brings precipitation to the Dhauladhar mountain, but the mood of the weather turns fairly pleasant, breathtaking, and bright as we climb higher (12 to 20 degrees C). The weather drops to zero (-2 to 6) degrees Celsius at night time. As a result, hikers should expect pleasant weather with a little ice in September and October. As the season of October begins, temperatures range from 12 to 18 ° C., while the nighttime temperatures drop from negative 6 to negative 4 degrees Celsius (-4 to -6 degrees Celsius). Come to the Indrahar Pass Trek with Moustache Escapes.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival to Moustache Mcleodganj
2. All stays included from Day 1 to Day 3 on sharing basis:
(i) Alpine / Dome tents on day 1 to 3.
3. All meals included from Day 1 Lunch to Day 4 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for drinking purpose will be provided on request during the trek
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters (If Required) and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials –
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
6. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,500 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Q1. What is the best time to travel for Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: Mid june to October is the best season for the travel, one should avoid monsoon at all costs because landslides are very frequent and are dangerous.
Q2. What is the problem level of Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: Difficulty situations of Indrahar Pass Trek ranges between easy to moderate
Q3. How to get in shape for Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: Go for a brisk walk, Take the stairs, Work on your core, Get used to your backpack. ..
Q4. How long does it take to trek to Indrahar pass?
Answer: The trek to Indrahar Pass takes about 4- 6 hours.
Q5. Which type of shoes should I keep it up Indrahar Pass trek?
Answer: Trekking shoes with thick soles and most importantly, it should be comfortable; Flip-flops must be lightweight
Q6. Can I do Indrahar Pass Trek solo?
Answer: Yes, you'll roll in the hay on your own but as long as you're a trained trekker and have done many treks before to realize that quantity of experience.
Q7. What kind of fitness are going to be required for Indrahar Pass trek?
Answer: Having a good core strength is must along with an Overall Body Fitness and Flexibility.
Q8. How much does Indrahar Pass trek costs?
Answer: The average cost per person for the Indrahar pass trek is around 4,999 + 5.00 % GST
Q9. What is the height of Indrahar Pass trek?
Answer: An altitude of 4,342 metres (14,245 ft) above mean water level
Q10. Is it safe to do Indrahar Pass trek?
Answer: There is not any such danger in trekking there if you trek with small precautions. Like accompany proper shoes, stick , raincoat etc.
Q11. Is this trek good for me?
Answer: You will love the trekking experience.
Q12. Why should I go for this trek?
Answer: Trekking regularly helps in lowering bp, and may reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
Q13. What are the simplest months to go to this trek?
Answer: The best visiting period is between mid May to mid-October.
Q14. How should I select my trekking shoe?
Answer: You need to look at these things while choosing your trekking shoes:
1. Check grip within the trekking shoe.
2. search for softness and adaptability of shoe sole.
4. Choose Snug-fit shoe.
5. Water Resistance is crucial
Q15. Is cellular network connectivity available for this trek?
Answer: There is no mobile network en-route.
Q16. What are the nearby attractions to explore?
Answer: Triund is 4.17 KMs away from Indrahar Pass Trail. ...
McLeod Ganj is 7.69 KMs away from Indrahar Pass Trail
Dal Lake is 8.09 KMs away from Indrahar Pass Trail.
Q17. What is the minimum & maximum age limit?
Answer: There is no upper age limit for trekking. But, it's advisable for children to be at least older than 8 years
Q18. What will the temperature be like during the Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: 10 to 15 degrees celsius.
Q19. Is there washroom/toilet facility like on the Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: You will be provided toilet tents.
Q20. What clothing or equipment we got to carry from our side during trek to Indrahar Pass?
Answer: Make sure to carry warm and cozy clothing as temperature can drop, pack good quality trekking shoes, slippers and additional pair of socks.
Q21. Where does Indrahar Pass Trek start?
Answer: The Indrahar Pass Trek begins from Mcleodganj.
Q22. How do I get to Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: The Indrahar Pass starts from Mcleodganj and covers Triund and Lahesh caves during the stretch.
Q23. Can I have liquor or smoke while we're on this Trek?
Answer: You are advised to avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes on any sort of altitude treks since both these activities can let your body dehydrate easily.
Q24. How is Indrahar Pass Trek weather?
Answer: Mildly cold during evening hours
Q25. Is Diamox is advisable at Indrahar Pass Trek?
Answer: No need of preventive course.
Average Rating 4.5