The Friendship Peak trek is one of the famous treks in the Indian Himalayan range among the trekker’s community. It is situated at an altitude of 17,380 ft and is covered under the snow throughout the year. The trail to the peak is steep and almost take a full day to reach the summit and come back to the campsite. From the summit, one can fetch the majestic panoramic of the Pir Panjal range, against the back of silver horizons formed by the Dhauladhar and Great Himalayan ranges.
Also See: Beas Kund Trek, Manali
The Friendship peak trek is one of the challenging treks in the Himalayas, one should have an experience of travelling to higher altitudes before stepping in the trek. The journey passes through the beautiful Solang valley, featuring several alpine meadows, thick forest dotted with varied species of Alpine trees. The trail starts to become challenging when you reach high altitudes with a thick sheet of snow, your trek over the narrow ridges. In order to conquer Friendship Peak, you must pay attention to the trek leader and follow the acclimatization process.
Also See: Bhrigu Lake Trek, Manali
Manali is the hub of many treks, tours and adventure activities, situated at an elevation of 6,700 ft with river Beas flowing by the side. On day 1 you will be welcomed at Old Manali which is said to the best hideout from the Manali crowd. People who are young at heart always enjoy the hospitality offered here. The vibe and the energy of this place are totally different, also the river Manalsu flowing across which meets with the Beas river.
Air: Take a flight to Kullu airport and book a cab to Manali, if not possible you can book a flight to Delhi or Chandigarh and board a volvo to Manali.
Road: The volvo transfers are available from Delhi as well as from Chandigarh.
Rail: Take a train to Chandigarh railway station and from there book a private or shared cab to Manali.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –4/5, Trekking Pants -3
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (5-6 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planning to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Manali.
2. All stays included from Manali to Dhundhi on double / triple sharing basis:
(i) Swiss Tents on day 1
(ii) Alpine / Dome tents from day 2 - 8
3. All meals included from Day 1 Lunch to Day 9 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying at Manali only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - micro spikes, gaiters, ice axes and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, sleeping bag, liners etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 9 to reach Manali and to end destination are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5