Manali is one of the most buzzing towns in the entire Himachal Pradesh. With several tourist spots and a gateway to several exiting treks, it is foursquare for the people who wish to seek short adventurous treks along with the fun of cafe hopping.
Chanderkhani Pass trek is one of those treks that gives you a chance to grab a short escape from the crowded city and enjoy walking through the meadows and forests. This trek takes you on a route full of oak and pine forests complemented by panoramic views of the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges.
The three-day-long trek starts from a small isolated town of Naggar that is also often categorized as the haunted town of Himachal Pradesh. One thing that makes this trek utterly special is the continuous steepness of the trail. Even though it is still perfectly easy for any person to trek, but still the route sometimes becomes a little exhausting.
Guess what, the same steep route also offers you the best views of Malana and Kull Valley together. Once you reach the pass, the entire landscape looks like a meadowy ridge that seems to extend as far as you can see.
More than anything Chanderkhani pass height of 11,800 ft. is famous for its meadows on the top. The route that is full of steep boulders and narrow paths cutting through hills, opens up to a large clearing. When you look across the field, it glows with blooming wildflowers and lush green meadows. The meadowy ridge seems as if you are somewhere in the middle of a massive grassland.
If you are planning a peaceful weekend trek near Manali, the Chanderkhani trek stands out in every aspect. It’s a complete package full of adventures, tranquility, and a perfect escape.
(For further queries regarding the best tourist places in Kullu, pass for Himachal, malana height, and Manali to malana distance, call us or write to us today!)
The trek ends here.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pant
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollensweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower),Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleribottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer
16. Extra face masks
1. Stay at Chaklani in double/ triple sharing basis at tents is included in the package.
2. All meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
3. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
4. Hot water will be provided on request for drinking purpose only during the trek.
5. Permit - forest and camping fee included.
6. Transport from Naggar to Patlikuhal
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(ii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iii) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(iv) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5