Buran Ghati Trek is both, Jack and Master of all the trades. Located deep in the Himalayas of Himachal Pradesh, this particular trek inhabits every possible perk. From large fields of yellow flowers to camping over a cliff on a barren mountain, this trek offers you so much more than any other trek.
If one has to term a trek nearly as perfect, Buran Ghati is the one. It is a journey that accompanies you through peace, natural beauty, exciting challenges, and bumpy adventures.
Also See: Triund Trek
As much of the name suggests, one of the major attractions of the trek is the meadows. Throughout the entire route, you pass from one meadow to another. What’s special to this is that every meadow is distinct from each other. Some are laden with blooming yellow flowers, and others are patched with nut-brown wild horses.
Doesn’t it sound like a paradise? More than the comfort, it is a natural beauty that captivates you. It is a typical Spring and Autumn trek that boasts large open clearings with unimaginable lush green grasslands. Be it Dayara Bugyal or the other bugyals, all of them will keep surprising you throughout the way.
Also See: Hampta Pass Trek
Not to forget the mountains. All along the way, you will also be accompanied by ranges of snow-capped mountains. Imagine it in this way - It’s like you are walking in your lush green garden with blooming flowers, and instead of your home, it is these mountains on your side. Wouldn’t it be a sight to behold forever?
Well, we can’t express to you much of the part. But another thing you should know about this perfectly imperfect trek is the forests. The initial trail ventures through dense forests of oak, pine, and maple. But there is something special about the forests this trail takes you through.
The smell and the feel they exhibit are unparalleled. During the trek, sometimes you want to get lost and wander away in the wild. These forests make you fall in love with the wilderness and you suddenly wish the day to never end. Well, the surprises have just started to come.
Right after the forests, you enter the open lands of meadows and then you realize why this trek is called one of the most perfect treks in entire India.
Chandranahan Lake is another which you cannot miss out on. Nestled quietly amidst the mighty mountains and blooming meadows, Chandranahan lake gives you a view similar to what Kashmir offers you. Unlike other alpine lakes, this lake stays completely silent all around the year and stays astonishingly blue.
With glacial mountains in the backdrop and wildflowers bordering the landscape, you cannot ask for anything more mesmerizing scene ever in your life. As this trek doesn’t see a large community of trekkers on a daily basis, we are sure you might get some time along beside the lake.
Wouldn’t you want to just sit then and there and vanish out all the negativity from yourself?
Last but not least is the special Buran pass trek. Usually, other pass treks do not give you a challenging climb and are too easy to get a feeling of achievement. But Buran Ghati pass trek is something you must have never experienced before.The moment you reach the top and look down, all you can see is a massive valley ready to swallow you. The views from the top is another thing that is worth mentioning. With great Himalayan peaks around you, trek to the pass is the rarest achievement.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pants -2
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollensweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower),Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleribottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Day pack/small bag in case if you are planing to offload your regular backpack
16. Hand Sanitizer
17. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team with a welcome drink on your arrival to Janglik campsite.
2. All stays included from Janglik campsite to Munirang on double / triple sharing basis:
(i) Guest House on Day 1.
(ii) Alpine / Dome tents from day 2 - 6.
3. All meals included from Day 1 dinner to Day 7 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water in buckets can be provided on request depending on availability, while staying in Janglik only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc
(ii) Safety equipment - microspikes, gaiters as per requirements and basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles, etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Transportation - The charges of transportation on day 1 and 7, to reach Janglik campstie and to end destination respectively are to be borne and shared between the trekkers.
4. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
7. Separate tents on request, will be charged extra (INR 1,500 per tent)
1. If cancellations are made within 2 days prior to the start of the trek, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 3-7 days prior to the start of the trek, EITHER 75% of total package amount will be returned to the guest (25% of total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trek, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the trek by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5