Haven’t the idea of glaciers always fascinated you? Don’t you secretly desire to witness the astonishing source of a sparkling river? Wouldn’t walking over the glacier be exhilarating to experience?
Beas Kund is famously named after the sage Vyas (Beas River in Hindi). Several say that the holy sage used to bathe and meditate near this river attaching a huge sense of importance to it. But what is more surprising about the river and its source, is the unimaginable natural beauty surrounding it. Imagine walking at the foothills of the three highest peaks around Manali covered with lush green grasslands and meadows.
Also See: Kedarkantha Trek
The specialty of Beas Kund trekking is obviously the astounding glacier, but one of the other surprises it offers you is the spectacular landscape of vast open fields flourishing with absolute greenish meadows. Several narrow lanes of Beas Kund river (also sometimes called river Beas) slicing through the fields and giving it a touch of sparkling.
The trek starts with large boulders and rocks which are kind of difficult to walk on, many times you will have to balance on a single rock to find a way through the trail. But as you move forward with the trek, the terrain gradually starts molding into a comfortable field blooming with colorful plants and viridescent meadows. Most refreshing about the trek is the continuous companionship of the Beas river till the first camping site - Dhundhi.
Only after you cross the Beas river, you will enter a dense forest of oak and pine. Trailing through them, you will reach the Dhundhi campsite. Dhundhi is also a large clearing in the middle of the valley with grasslands bushing the entire area. Nothing is more dazzling than camping right in the middle of the meadows and living deep in nature.
The magnanimity of the landscape is so gigantic that you seem to be like an ant in the world of natural beasts. But Dhundhi brings in the first wave of astonishment and satisfaction, both at the same time. The reason why the Beas Kund river trek is very ideal in nature is that it doesn’t take more than four days to trek to such an out of the word experience. You can have a perfect day out in Manali and later choose to trek to Beas Kund.
The most startling experience of the entire trek comes when you trek from Dhundhi to the dazing source of the Beas river - The glacier. Please be cautious that the route from Dhundhi to the source of the river is quite difficult yet adventurous too. You will pass through patches of open barren fields and rocky terrain. The terrain where you will have to walk over the boulders and large rocks is a thrilling but sensitive area of the trek. As the glacier stretches and retracts over time, most of the part goes under the rocks, therefore making the area unpredictable. Funnily, many trekkers have also named that place a 120-hour movie scene, because if by chance you step on the wrong stone, you might get stuck similar to that movie.
But don't worry at all, we have super trained and experienced guides for you. They will properly guide you through the way and ensure perfect safety too. The area where the glacier sits silently is unnerving and stupefying. A large frozen pond sitting at such a high with massive mountains protecting it from all the sides makes you realize that nature is indeed living. To experience and observe such a landscape is itself a mark of luck. If you are one of them, consider yourself grateful.
If you have chosen post-monsoon or midsummer as the time to pursue the endeavor, the entire valley will almost look like Kashmir valleys. Beas Kund’s altitude and height being at 12,772 ft, the trail also offers a staggering view of peaks such as Friendship peak, Shitidhar, Ladakhi, and Hanuman Tibba peaks. Beas Kund trek’s best time is mainly in early summers or post monsoon. If the Beas weather stays pleasant and clear, you can also catch the views of the entire mountains, right from the foothill to the peak.
Moustache believes in the vision of ‘Affordable Traveling’. We here believe that traveling shouldn’t be restricted to only costly packages and inaccessible destinations. Therefore moustache packages are highly affordable and accessible for all. We also understand the gravity of the Covid crisis, hence have come with one of the most flexible cancellations and rescheduling policy. For further details, check our cancellation policy section.
*The trek ends here.*
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans / Trekking Pant
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
3. Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower),Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
6. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (Waterproof shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
7. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
8. Raincoat / Poncho, Small quick dry towel
9. Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
10. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
11. Sun glasses (polarized/UV Protected), Walking stick / Trekking pole
12. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
13. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
14. Personal toiletries
15. Hand Sanitizer
16. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our trek team on your arrival at Solang Valley.
2. All stays included from Day 1 and Day 2 on double / triple sharing basis:
3. All meals included from Day 1 lunch to Day 3 breakfast. Vegetarian meals will be served throughout the trek.
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Hot water for bathing will be provided on request, while staying at Manali only.
6. Kitchen, dining and toilet tents will be used during the trek.
7. Cooks/Helper for carrying common equipment like rations/tents/utensils/groceries.
8. All trek essentials included–
(i) Accommodation - tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats etc.
(ii) Safety equipment - basic first aid kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
(iii) Permit - forest and camping fee included.
1. The above trek charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Equipment - Gumboots, trekking poles etc.
(ii) Insurance - Personal and travel insurances.
(iii) Beverage - Mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages
(iv) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(v) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. In case if your trek remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure" or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
4. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
5. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
Average Rating 4.5