Jaisalmer Desert Safari - Jaisalmer makes you comfortable with its hospitality and warmth, and an atmosphere of music and culture marks your hearts forever. Besides a visit to the golden city the trip is incomplete without a desert safari in Jaisalmer. Can you imagine yourself sleeping on a Charpai, under the lights of billion stars and in the middle of the vast desert? Get ready for an authentic desert experience, exclusively curated for you. Sounds exceptionally unique. Just like our Jaisalmer Desert Safari.
The Golden City of India – Jaisalmer, is a beautiful city wrapped in golden color from all sides. Capture the vibrant colors of the traditional city, as the Jaisalmer safari begins from Moustache Jaisalmer. You will be leaving for the trip around mid-day, starting from the Jeep Safari. Hop in for the adventure on wheels, racing on an off-road track. Whereas, admiring the wilderness and the beauty from the open jeep. The Jeep Safari ends with your arrival at Kuldhara- One of the most haunted villages in India. Get a thrilling experience of Dark Tourism, you don’t wanna miss when at Jaisalmer.
Also See: Backpacker Hostel in Jaisalmer
Also See: Backpacker Hostel in Jaisalmer
The mystery of this secluded village, leaves every visitor to wonder- Why all the villagers left overnight? Well, you can discuss this topic on a Camel Safari, Jaisalmer’s must-have adventure. Enjoy a fulfilling camel ride for about 30-40 min, a popular tourist activity to do in Jaisalmer. Get a full-on nomadic experience riding these desert horses, in the middle of the desert, crossing a few Tribal villages and an Oasis too. The camel ride ends as you reach your Private Dune at Desert National Park, secluded away from all the hawkers, vendors, and any kind of tourist crowd. We weren’t kidding when we said- In the middle of nowhere.
Get ready for an authentic Nomadic Experience, which begins with greeting snacks. Spend your evening listening to folklores over a bonfire. Besides, you can also enjoy a LIVE folk dance and music performance on Special Request. Later on, watch how the meals used to be prepared on traditional Chulhas, as yours too will be prepared on that. Enjoy your Rajasthani meals over a Khaat, in a totally Desi Style. Lastly, head for a midnight sleep under the blanket of stars, out in the open desert. If not comfortable, you can switch from Khat bedding to Dome Tents anytime.
P.S: On a fine night, you can also witness the Milky Way Galaxy from the desert. Exciting, right?
Wake up to the crimson sky after a wonderful Jaisalmer desert camp experience. Afterwards, freshen up, have your breakfast and get ready to move back. Take the last glimpse of the entire safari as you head back riding the Camel for one last time. The ride ends as you reach your jeep, parked a few distances from Kuldhara. Get on the ride, which will return you back to the hostel by noon. After arrival, you can either freshen up and rest or head back to your destination. As the desert safari camp Jaisalmer ends here.
Also See: Moustache Hamari Haveli
Camping under the twinkling stars and doing the desert safari in Jaisalmer has grown with huge demand over the years. Several organizations have come up to offer you the chance to enjoy the camel safari Jaisalmer. But what if we tell you that their 10 minutes of Jaisalmer safari is not even a spec of what we offer you.
Once you have reached Jaisalmer, we will be eagerly waiting for you at the hostel for you to come and say hi to us before 1 p.m. After we have greeted each other, our team will brief you with all the necessary details regarding your exciting desert safari in Jaisalmer. Aren’t you stirred already?
Post your briefing session, we will proceed to a nearby abandoned yet the famous village of Kuldhara which is also considered as one of the most haunted sites in India. The village was established in the 13th Century and for a longer time was inhabited by Paliwal Brahmins. Because it’s Jaisalmer, the village too is golden. You will find ancient relics and wide vacant walking blocks. All together it’s an interesting experience of walking through a haunted sight in a broad daylight.
Once you have gone through the abandoned village and have photographed it for enough times, we will move to the Oasis, where you will find a small water body surviving the extinction right in the middle of the desert. Isn’t it so unique to the stories we have always heard? Have a walk around, but do not waste the long-saved water.
From the Oasis point, we will drive a little deeper into the desert and then change into a different means of transportation. From here, the real fun starts. You can either opt to ride a camel for the desert safari or you can choose an open jeep to ride through twisted desert trails. Through the mean of desert safari, you will reach our camping site.
Settle down yourself, relax a bit, and freshen up for your snacks. Once the evening falls, here comes the next fun thing about Jaisalmer. Bustling bonfire in the middle of infinite sand dunes. We will organize a small bonfire for you and your pals to make some delightful memories and exciting moments. Sing to your heart and share the craziest stories of your life.
After Bonfire and a traditional steaming dinner, transfer yourself to the nearest charpai with a stuffy pillow and warming blanket. The most awaited part is finally here. Enjoy a sound sleep under the umbrella of billions of twinkling stars staring right into your eyes and liberating you. Seep deep the satisfying feeling.
If you haven't seen Jaisalmer's sunrise, then you are missing out something really inevitable. Choose the second morning to wake up early and witness the tangerine dawn of Jaisalamer's vast desert. This itself is an inexpressible experience.
We hope you had a splendid night under the glittering stars. Did you feel like talking to them and listening to their stories? Did it feel like liberating yourself from the long-clutched shackles of restraints? Sleeping under a billion stars is indeed once in a lifetime of experience. Wake up to a lazy yet cosy morning. Have your delicious breakfast and start your journey back to our Jaisalmer Hostel. This will be your second time riding a camel. Enjoy it the fullest and get some super cool photos clicked!
This is where our journey ends. Our time to wish you adieu and hope to see you super soon for another enthralling experience.
1. Shirts / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans
2. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers and walking shoes.
3. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
4. Sun glasses (UV Protected)
5. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
6. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
7. Personal toiletries
8. Hand Sanitizer
9. Extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our ground team on your arrival at Moustache Jaisalmer.
2. Stay on day 1 on Traditional Indian Bed (Charpai, Matress, pillow, and quilt), one can also opt for tent stay on dual sharing basis.
3. All meals included
(i) Day 1 - High Tea - Dinner
(ii) Day 2 - Breakfast
4. Skilled local staff who have ample knowledge of the route
5. Camel ride included in the tour fees.
6. Transportation from Moustache Jaisalmer on day 1 to back to Moustache Jaisalmer on day 2 is included, drive charges to Kuldhara, Oasis and to dune area is included in the tour fees.
7. Bonfire is included at Dunes area.
8. Jeep transfers
9. Entry fees to Kuldhara is included in the package.
1. The above tour charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Personal essentials -
(i) Beverage - Bottled or canned beverages
(ii) Snacks - Chocolate, dry fruits, protein or nutrition bar.
(iii) Entertainment - Camera or drone fees.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made within 24 hours prior to the start of the trip, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of the tour, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek or tour within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the tour, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the tour by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5