Sunrise to Sunset in Udaipur
Sunrise to Sunset Tour in Udaipur - Sunrise to Sunset tour is a complete tour of Udaipur which takes you multiple places in a single day. You get to visit Karni Mata Temple, Dudh Talai Lake, Jagdish temple, Jagdish chowk, Gangaur Ghat, City Palace, Aravalli Hills, and Bahubali Hills.
The reason this tour is named as Sunrise to Sunset is because you start the tour from a beautiful yellowish sunrise of Karni Mata temple and ends with the orangish sunset of the Bahubali hills.
The specialty of this tour other than the vast number of places it covers is the snippets of storytelling and historical talks. While you are on your way to one of the beautiful places, we will tell you all the stories attached to it too!
Guess what! Our experienced guide knows it all. We will have short discussions over the city’s history and interesting stories. It’s an ideal package that offers you a blend of all the important places in and out of Udaipur, and the exciting stories behind them.
Also See: Backpacker Hostel in Udaipur
This trip helps you to become a local, explore the antiqueness of the city and feel the real essence of Udaipur.
The famous Karni Mata Mandir of Udaipur was built by Maharana Karan Singh between 1620 – 1628. This temple is known for granting extended age and wishes to all those who visit the temple both in the morning and evening.
Karni Mata temple that sits on a hill stop boasts breathtaking views of the sunrise in Udaipur. The temple is located exactly in the middle of the city, demarcating old and new Udaipur. This gives you a chance to witness the old Udaipur glowing with Forts, Havelis, and temples on one side and the new Udaipur with tons of corporate buildings and residential areas.
Besides the best sunrise point of Udaipur, Karni Mata temple is an ideal place to have a bird’s eye view of the entire city of lakes. How about making an amazing time-lapse of the refreshing sunrise?
There are two ways to reach the hilltop. One is through a ropeway that is usually preferred by the tourists, and the other is through a small 20 minutes long easy trek. Our tour includes the trek because we find it more achieving and adventurous.
The feel that you get after doing an exhaustive trek and witnessing the panoramic views of tangerine sunrise is unparalleled. This is a great way to start a great day. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise along with the historical temple exploration.
Dudh Talai Lake is a small pond nestled just in the foothills of the Karni Mata temple. This lake is located just at the backdrop of Lake Pichola and holds a beautiful garden land just in the middle of Dudh Talai lake and Pichola lake.
Enjoying a quiet time around the lake comes complimentary with the morning trek to Karni Mata temple. After witnessing the sunrise, descend and explore the waters of this small pond. Just to give you a heads up, we also have a got a secret place within the garden point.
Here come’s an interesting twist in our tour. Jagdish Chowk is one of the most significant chowks of Udaipur. It’s foursquare that holds numerous antique temples, a roadway to the forts, and delicious eateries. This chowk is a hub for all the things you love about Udaipur.
The chowk is known for some amazing street food shops and this is where we are going to have our luscious breakfast. Savor the tasty Dahi Samosa and Dahi Kachoris while exploring the weary old streets of Jagdish chowk.
Jagdish temple is one of the most famous temples of Udaipur. Claimed to be about 575 years old, this temple holds a blend of unique architecture and aesthetic interiors. With double stories mandapa and marble stairs, it is a must-visit religious place.
Just next to the Jagdish temple comes the oldest temple of Udaipur – Jagat Shiromani temple. It is about 650 years old and holds an enormous amount of religious reverence. This temple is also exclusive to our tour. Not much famous amongst the community of tourists, we are the only few who have the opportunity to get to know the rich history of it.
Here come’s one of our most beautiful points. Gangaur Ghat (sometimes misspelled as ghanghor ghat) holds a sensitive place in the Udaipur history and boats stunning beauty. It is a ghat which is situated right on the banks of Lake Pichola with multiple stairs dipping inside the water.
How about sitting on the stairs and putting your legs inside the water? The ghat usually buzzes with people playing Tanpura and singing some Rajasthani songs, pigeon spending their evenings, and tourists enjoying their quiet time.
Just to give you a heads up, this ghat is also a hub for several movies. Yeh Jeewani hai Deewani and Love Aaj Kal 2 are a few of those who had their shoots a the Gangaur Ghat.
City Palace, Udaipur does not require a definition. The crowned marvel of Rajasthan, this palace is the best thing you will find in the entire state. Developed over the years, the complex structure has numerous gates and several buildings within it.
City Palace is a mark and a representation of the entire city of Udaipur. But what adds benefit to our tour is that you will have your personal guide throughout the tour. He will accompany you not only throughout the Udaipur tour but also through the entire city palace tour too.
Welcome to the most exciting part of the tour. Join us for an interesting expedition in the oldest mountain ranges of this region – Aravalli hills (sometimes misspelled as Aravali hills). It’s a vault stuffed with several hidden waterfalls and secret lakes. A landscape that holds unpredictable surprises.
During the expedition of Aravalli hills, you will visit several iconic sites such as Alsigarh – waterfall point, Ubeshwar Mahadev temple, Raita hills, and some beautiful lake points. This part of the tour surprises you with myriad breathtaking landscapes and natural beauty. When you stand at the top of the Aravalli hills, you can in real see almost a range of thousand mountains standing side by side to each other.
If you have been to Kerala, you know what we are talking about. A view of a series of mountains and the sun glowing in the sky. It's something none of the other tourists know about. This is what real Udaipur lies, in the lap of Aravalli hills.
You get a chance to see the most untouched and unseen part of Udaipur city. Guess what, if you are lucky, you might also spot some rarest wildlife!
Bahubali hills Udaipur have got famous most recently by a few travel enthusiasts. Mostly known for its alliance with Badi lake, these hills are the best point to witness the Udaipur sunset.
The gathering point for this walk tour is Moustache Udaipur, it is 3 km away from the city centre, you can take a Tuk-Tuk or an auto to reach.
1. Comfortable Walking shoes
2. Cap / Hat to keep the sunrays away from your face
3. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
4. Personal toiletries
5. Hand Sanitizer
6. Extra face masks
1. Local refreshments
(i) Breakfast - Poha/ 2 Samosa/ 2 Kachori or similiar
(ii) Water Bottle - Drinking water bottle of Bisleri/Bailey or similiar
2. Guide fees.
3. And lots of memories
1. In case if your walk remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
2. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
3. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5