Excursion to Rohtang Pass
Rohtang Pass Trek - Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass on the eastern end of the Pir Panjal range of mountain, sits at an altitude of 13,050 ft. It connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul & Spiti valley of the Himachal Pradesh. The pass is named “Rohtang La” after the death of people working in bad weather and tried to cross the pass.
The journey starts from the Manali main market, crossing the single way bridge over the Beas river and moving along the opposite direction of the river. During the journey, you can opt for rentals such as winter Jumpsuit, Gum Boots, Gloves, etc from the passing shops of the local. Near the Gulaba checkpoint while returning you can have some amazing snacks which will be required as you will be tired playing in the snow.
The Rohtang Pass point offers a magical view of the tall standing snow-capped peaks and a down view of the valley, you must click the memories at this point which you can share with your friends and family, get involved in the many snow activities and have a great time there.
Also See: Famous Treks in Himachal
What is Rohtang Pass famous for?
Rohtang Pass is famously known for its treacherous paths and routes. It has many stories attached to it. It is known to be the "burial ground of the dead". It is said that many people who have attempted to cross it have lost their lives and are forever frozen in its Ice. The pass is challenging as you will be passing through ice walls. The way can be pretty bumpy and you might face sludgy roads. A situation like this arises when the sand, mud, and snow meld together into a slushy substance. All that gets scattered on the earth as you try to make your way through the Rohtang Pass.
When is Rohtang Pass open?
From June through October, Rohtang La remains open for travel. Trekkers, on the other hand, make their way to the route even before this is available to automotive travel. The Rohtang La Pass is a popular tourist destination for visitors to Manali, Kullu, Leh, and many other surrounding districts. The highway remains congested, and waits are unavoidable. Needless to say, it takes some courage on the part of the drivers to navigate the roads of Rohtang La Pass.
What peaks are visible from Rohtang La Pass?
The magnificent and breathtaking Lahaul Valley and the Chandra River are clearly visible from the Rohtang La Pass. The breathtaking views are the reason many people opt to take this route to Rohtang La. Even though the Atal tunnel cuts right through it, adventure junkies are still looking for thrills when it comes to Rohtang La Pass. Rohtang Pass offers a glimpse of the environment in one of its most original forms, with snow-capped mountain ranges, amazing views, and stunning and expansive sceneries and perspectives. The snowy landscape's majesty and resonant quiet are worth witnessing. The pass, which is situated on the catchment between the Chenab & Beas Streams and rivers, offers stunning views of snow, hills, the Lahaul Valley, and even the Chandra River. Geypan's two hills can also be seen from Rohtang. Between both the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 p.m., no automobiles are permitted to move this stretch until the BRO renders it motorable. Because of the highway's military importance and the need to maintain it open all year. Moustache offers an excellent trip to the Rohtang Pass filling you with thrill and adventure. Come along with us on this exciting Rohtang Pass Excursion to test your skills on the road. After having completed the journey, you can successfully boast to your friends about having conquered one of the most treacherous roads in the world.
1. Scarf/muffler and waterproof gloves
2. Comfortable sports shoes
3. Cap / Hat and sunglasses
4. Personal toiletries & medicines (if any)
5. Hand Sanitizer & extra face masks
1. Pick up and drop from and to the Manali main market.
2. 1 ltr packaged drinking water per pax
3. Permits, cab and driver fee.
1. The above tour charges does not include the GST charges (5%).
2. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
3. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
4. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5