Kumbhalgarh Day Tour - Udaipur - a world of aesthetics and exquisiteness is one of the most astonishing cities of Rajasthan. A place symbolized by traditionality, modernity, charming lakes, mighty forts, and amazing romantic spots, leaves a relished mark on your heart when touched its heart. Udaipur, in general, does not at coinciding with the generality of the state of deserts – Rajasthan.
Moustache presents you one of the best Kumbhalgarh day tour ones can find anywhere. Kumbhalgarh fort, Udaipur – the undefeated fort of Rajasthan is one of the oldest forts of the Sisodia Rajput clan. Build by the famous ruler Rana Kumbha, it inhibits one of the highest points in that particular region giving you a vast view of enormous verdant meadows and dense forests. Kumbhalgarh sightseeing or places to visit in Kumbhalgarh is nothing but a chance to know and understand its vast historical significance.
The route from Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh is surprisingly more like driving through the meadows of a mountain. The greens spreading till your eyes can see with sparkling small ponds in between are some of the good spots and refresh yourself. Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh distance is not more than 85 km but the entire stretch will take an astonishing road trip.
The fort is as long as 36 km, almost like a modern-day city consisting everything one needs to survive. The massive grey stoned wall inhabits several abandoned antique temples and structures.
With every nook and corner magnificent in its spectacular architecture, it needs more than a simple effort to explore. One needs to be gravelly peculiar and inclined to unveil every story still living deep embedded in the stones of every walls and room. Wouldn’t it be marvellous to know and recognize the extravaganza with which our ancestors thrived in many centuries ago?
Don’t you ever feel like getting ported somewhere to 16th century and peeping through the glittering Italian glasses, swaying your hands over the brownish German stones, cooking spices in the massive Indian utensils and learning the art of sword fighting in the middles of a large field? Well, we certainly do! That’s what the charm of these astonishing forts does to you. It gives you a chance to dream!
Ranakpur is a small village (with nothing much as Ranakpur sightseeing or places to visit in Ranakpur) is located almost in the middle of Udaipur and Jodhpur. It is not famous for any of its culture or stupendous architecture but one of the largest Jain temples of India - Shwetambar Jain Temple. It is considered as one of the most important temples of the Jain religion, was constructed under the rein of Rana Kumbha, also the ruler who constructed the famous Kumbhalgarh fort.
Though one can make a trip from Udaipur to Ranakpur solely for the famous Jain temple, why not to visit the Kumbhalgarh fort too when you come this far from the city? Or you can always do a trip from Kumbhalgarh to Ranakpur (Kumbhalgarh to Ranakpur distance – 34 km) too instead of the former one.
Other than the vast religious significance the temple holds, the enormously detailed carvings and splendid scriptures make it so famous even amongst the tourist. Ranakpur Jain temple is not a single temple but a group of famous temples such as Chaumukha temple, Surya temple, Suparshvanatha temple and Amba temple. Our tour gives you an ample opportunity to mark on every step through the massive grounds of the temple. Take your time, and stroll through every walls and inscription of this temple and hear its stories, myths and history.
The journey through its history and religionism will itself take about 2 hours of your day, so it is to you to make full use of it. Even for people who do not keep an ardent interest in religion and religious sites will be astounded to note the incredible architecture of such a marvellous structure. Isn’t it shocking to know how do these people in old times were able to erect such stunning structures even with detailed inscriptions too? Well, this is why we are here to give you a chance to breathe through our wonderful history and its marvels.
Rajasthan which is usually related to bright colours, Rajasthani culture, ancient villages, and creative turbans, but walking through the city of lakes almost seems like breathing the essence of an appealing hill station. With several adorable lakes and a serene lifestyle of its dwellers, you can sense the lightness of passion and love in the air.
Udaipur is like a city engulfed in a mist of wonders and surprises. Unlike other cities which are an open book with marks of things to visit, the city of dawn needs to be felt and sensed. Interestingly, this city is more than drinking a glass of red wine at a lakeside cafe or taking an evening ride to one of the known temples. Well, you need to unearth its real treasures to swim deeper in the ocean of Rajasthani aesthetics.
Kumbhalgarh - Ranakpur (Single Day visit)
Start point: Moustache Udaipur
Start Time: 8 Am to 8 Pm
Total Travel: 200 km (both side)
• Though it is a day tour but is going to be pretty long and exciting. Therefore, we want to start as early as possible in the morning and give the best out of it. The tour starts sharp at 8 AM, hence you should get ready and report at the reception of the Moustache Udaipur.
• Before starting with the drive, our driver cum guide will brief you with all the nitty-gritty of the tour and anything which concerns you and the places. Once you are through with it, our first spot is going to be the famous Ranakpur Jain Temple.
• Ranakpur is a village which almost comes in the middle of Udaipur and Jodhpur. It will take about 2 hours for you to reach the Jain temple. After you have reached, enjoy strolling through the temples. Take your own time to explore.
• After you had enough time listening to the history of the Jain temple, it would be late noon. This is an apt time for you to hunt a good café and full in your stomach because once we drive to the fort, you won’t be able to grab anything to eat. Better to quench the hunger right now.
• Post lunch, we will proceed for the massive Kumbhalgarh fort. It will take you another 45 minutes to reach the gates. But much more important than that is the amazing route. If it is monsoon or post-monsoon, you will drive through vast verdant meadows and dense forests.
• The route is an absolute delight for people who love to do road trips. You will have occasional short ponds and even sparling waterfalls. That’s the beauty of this route. It doesn’t look like Rajasthan at all. Enjoy the scenic drive till you reach the fort.
• Please note, the entry fees are not included in the package, so please sure you buy them once you are at the destination. The fort is gigantic and very long. It’s going to take you at least half the day to tour around.
• Just to equip you with enough knowledge, the fort has two sides when you enter. On one side you will have a plethora of abandoned temples with amazing architectural styles and on the other side, you will move to the inner side of the fort. Please visit both sides. Kumbhalgarh fort sometimes looks like a maze, with some amazing places hidden from your bare eyes. Go explore them.
• Just a moustache tip, do not miss to visit the ever famous ‘Badal Mahal’. You will be just amazed by its beauty and unique structure.
• Once you gone through the fort and have marked every nook and corner of the fort, meet us at the car. This is where our trip comes to end. Not to forget, you will have an amazing drive coming back from the fort too!
• Moustache sincerely thanks you for replying over us. We hope to see you super soon for yet another amazing trip!
The gathering point for this walk tour is Moustache Udaipur, it is 3 km away from the city centre, you can take a Tuk-Tuk or an auto to reach.
1. Packed water bottle of 1 ltr per pax is provided.
2. Driver cum guide
3. Driver fee, cab charges and toll fee are included.
4. And lots of memories.
1. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
2. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
3. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
4. Any entry fees to any monument.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5