It’s every biker’s dream to drive alongside the scenery of deep blue lakes, rocky terrains, flamboyant green mountains, snow-capped peaks, and free-flowing waterfalls. Moustache Escapes is here to take you on the Leh to Leh bike trip adventure, for everyone deserves a chance at experiencing what heaven looks like while still on earth, or better yet, on a bike. The 6 days and 5 nights journey will take you too many famous spots all around Ladakh like, Khardung La pass, confluence of Indus & Zanskar, Hunder, Pangong Lake, Changla etc. The maximum altitude you’ll touch on a bike is 18,380 ft. Exciting right?
Also See: Manali To Leh Road Trip
Ladakh is a land where earth roams free of any bondage or clutter. Vast patches of untouched earth under the direct gleam of the sun, and nothing to meet them but your eyes - such are the terrains of Ladakh. Featuring some of the highest passes this world has ever seen, Ladakh lives up to its name’s meaning - the land of high passes. Taking a bike trip from Leh to Leh would entail driving through a billion dynamic screensaver landscapes. On the Leh to Leh bike trip, your senses are working at a full 360 degree as you soak in the scenario at a speed of 35-40km per hour. Beauty as far as the eye can see and tranquillity as much as the mind can feel.
The drive from Leh to Nubra Valley will be an interesting one. You’ll be driving over the highest motorable pass in the world, Khardung La pass and also witness double-humped camels, the famous animals of the cold desert of Hunder. This will be the highlight of your Leh to Leh bike trip. Many scenic views will pass you as you reach your destination. Be sure to observe the change in terrain as you pass different locations. Ashy grey mountains and bleak brown ones will be your constant companions along the way. The snow sitting on them will result in beautiful contrast, and the sun shining on them will colour them in different shades.
The next day of this Bike Trip from Leh to Leh entails the travel from Nubra valley to Pangong Lake alongside the Shyok River. You’ll see a species of large ground squirrels calls Marmots. Please refrain from feeding them as they are on the verge of extinction because of the travellers feeding those snacks. Habitual to the snacks, they divert from the natural instinct of eating grass and hence starve and die in extreme winters when there’s no one to feed them.
Pangong, the famous lake that once you take a look at, changes the definition of blue forever. It is your shiny blue reward for coming on this trip to Leh Ladakh. Placed in the middle of a light brown mountain range is Pangong, bluer than a sad song. An astounding sight to see for sure and a great place to take some rest.
The trip from Pangong to Leh will be a scenic one, but scanty in terms of the food outlets. Reaching Changla top can be a rush of excitement, as you can rummage through the cafe maintained by the Indian Army. You’re on the last legs of your trip to Leh Ladakh. On the way is Thiksey Monastery holding great significance and value. Thiksey means just at the right place. Have a celebratory relaxation day once you reach Leh. Sit back and enjoy your dinner, knowing that you completed the trip successfully! The next day is your return back home, and the Leh to Leh bike trip ends for you here.
Ladakh’s invitation to roam its lands on a motorbike is an honorary challenge accepted by extremely brave travellers. Once successfully completed, the traveller finds that even when back home, their spirit is still in the mountains, never getting enough of the view. Moustache Escapes will be revered to host many more such trips for you.
Arrive at Leh, meet our representative, and get transferred to your respective hotel. Get a traditional welcome.
Rest and acclimatize for the adventures to begin.
In the evening you can visit Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, and the local market of Leh city.
Head back to your hotel, have your meal, and retire for the day.
Wake up have your breakfast, get introduced to the bikes, and get ready for a short ride to Sangam point (confluence of Indus & Zanskar).
On your way to Sangam Point, you cross the Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, and Magnetic Hill.
In the evening take a walk to the local market and witness the vibe of Leh city.
Head back to the property and enjoy your meal, rest for the day in the room.
Day 3: Leh to Nubra Valley
Stay: Stay in camps on a sharing basis
Meal: Breakfast + Dinner
Distance: 166 km
Get a wake-up call with morning tea in the bed, get ready and check your bike.
Get briefed about the plan during breakfast, start your ride towards Khardungla Pass, take a halt at south pullu enjoy light snacks and start again.
Reach Khardungla pass, enjoy the moment of being on the world’s highest motorable road. A few km more and your reach North Pullu take a halt here.
After exploring the Diskit monastery, head towards Hunder sand dunes where you can ride the double hump camel.
Reach the campsite, freshen up, and have a discussion over the ride and with meals rest for the day.
Altitude: 13,862 ft
Get a wake-up call with morning tea in the bed, get ready and check your bike.
Get briefed about today’s plan, start your ride, move along the Shyok river.
Take a stop at Durbuk for Lunch, reenergize yourself and start again.
Spot Mermuts on the road, take pictures of images at various attraction points.
Reach Pangong lake, check in to your camps and have a discussion about the ride and rest for the day after taking meals.
Wake up early, enjoy your time at Pangong lake. Return back have your breakfast and post briefing start your ride again.
Today you’ll take multiple stops to have proper lunch due to no good place on the route.
A few more km and you reach Changla Top, take a feel of the cafe maintained by the army personnel.
Reach Leh back in the late afternoon, submit the bike back and enjoy your leisure day.
Wake up and leave for Leh airport and end this adventurous journey.
1. Shirts- 2/3 / T-shirts –2/3, Jeans - 2/3
2. Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood
3. Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
4. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower), Scarf/muffler (optional)
5. Down jacket or synthetic jacket for the top layer.
6. Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
7. Comfortable sports shoes
8. Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
9. Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
10. Sun glasses (UV Protected)
11. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
12. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
13. Personal toiletries
14. Hand Sanitizer & extra face masks
1. You will be greeted by our team on your arrival at Leh.
2. All stays included from Leh to Leh in guest house / hotel/ camps on sharing basis.
3. Meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 5 dinner on MAP basis as mentioned in the itinerary.
4. Skilled Tour Guide from day 2 to day 5 who has the ample knowledge of the route.
5. Royal Enfield motorbike with fuel & standard size helmet for rider & pillion both from day 02 to day 05. (Depends on the variant)
6. A backup jeep to carry luggage, mechanic, first aid box & oxygen cylinder.
7. Inner line Permit for Nubra Valley & Pangong, all other taxes & tolls.
8. Spares parts change in Bike during tour. –Front tube/ Rear tube/Spark plug/Clutch and Brake Wire/Clutch and Disc brake pads/ Engine oil/Clutch Plate. (Bike included package only)
9. Access to Go Pro footage captured by road captain and a participation certificate for riding to highest moterable road.
10. Transfer from Leh airport to the Hotel.
1. The above tour charges do not include the GST charges (5%).
2. Any kind of travel or personal insurance is not included in the package.
3. Entry fees, camera fees, drone fees of any monument, museum, palace or any attraction points are not included in the package.
4. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
5. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/tour/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
6. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. If cancellations are made 25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 4-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, EITHER 75% of the total booking amount will be returned to the guest (25% of the total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee) OR whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek within next 12 months.
3. If cancellations are made within 4 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 30 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Average Rating 4.5