Kayaking in Kerala
Kayaking in Kerala - Kerala – the state of serene backwaters and luxuriant open fields is a state whose beauty is almost undefinable. It’s a land which inhabits almost all the kinds of terrain one can find in India. From massive lush green hills to enormous white beeches and from silent glittering backwaters to wonderous tropical beauty, Kerala has them all.
It’s a land which often astonishes people with its unique art and culture and has one of the most exceptional styles of traditionality. It seems interesting how people always remark that how different is Kerala from the rest of India, almost like a different country. No wonder, Kerala also has one of the most pleasing weather and appealing atmosphere. One can never get tired of its soft touch.
But the most distinctive thing which almost gives the identity of the state Kerala is the forestry of coconuts. If nothing you can find, you will surely be able to find abundance of dense coconut forests throughout the state. Isn’t it too interesting? A state which is full of coconut forests!
Kerala is also famous for an amazing labyrinth of canals and tranquil lagoons. This is what has introduced the concept of boat houses. Similar to what Kashmir offers, Kerala too is just an ideal place to quench the thirst of sleeping in boat house. They being extravagantly aesthetic entices most of our interest and excitement to experience it.
The beautiful and extremely calm lagoons also open up the opportunity to venture in the interesting world of Kayaking tours. Though Kayaking tours in Kerala are not so prevalent, but Kayaking in Alleppey (Alappuzha) is the perfect place to boat in calm waters. With the waters being unnaturally calm, it almost feels like slicing through the waters without a single peck of effort.
Kayaking is awfully a stimulating water sports adventure. What makes it so unique is the very nature of its adventure. Where most of adventure sports thrills you with their uncertainty, physical strain, or energy, kayaking, on the contrary, is all about peace and utmost tranquillity.
Also See: Water Sports Goa
Imagine yourself, kayaking through a lagoon alone with almost no sound of water and boat, floating through a narrow canal with fluttering coconut trees accompanying you on the sides, it's only you and the world besides. Kayaking is as silent as a meditation on a white beach, it's like introspecting within you and floating in a different world.
The entire body has to synchronize with your mind and soul, leave the hands with just an apt amount of strength to kayak peacefully. The 2.5-hour-long experience becomes more than just an activity or an adventure, it becomes a frozen time to meditate in the middle of the silent ocean, an ocean where it is just you.
Riding on a boat full of people and slashing through the lagoons can nowhere match the gravity of kayaking your own way through the exotic backwaters and exploring their buried wonders. Wouldn’t it be amazing to understand the topography of the state by not riding a bike on the roads but kayaking through its magnificent waters?
Alleppey canoe tour (canoe tour Alleppey) or canoeing in Alleppey and canoeing in Kerala are also very similar to kayaking in Alappuzha but has a slight difference in terms of style of the boat. kayaking in Kerala backwaters or Kerala kayaking Alappuzha is one most unique activity which Kerala prides itself. To further know anything about the packages or kayaking in Alleppey price, contact us directly or write to us today!
1. Comfortable sports shoes
2. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
3. Hand Sanitizer & extra face masks
4. Action camera (at your own risk)
1. Kayak Ride of 150 min
2. New and high quality branded equipment.
3. Instructor fees.
4. Life jacket which holds up to 150 kg weight
5. Recovery Boat with 2 guides/instructor
6. First Aid Kit
1. In case if your activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of ""force majeure"", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
2. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
3. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
1. Age restriction - 15 + allowed
2. Weight Restriction - Not above 100 kg.
3. Life Jacket - Good till holding 150 kg of weight
1. If cancellations are made 26 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, no cancellation fee will be charged.
2. If cancellations are made between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 25% of the total package amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
3. If cancellations and rescheduling are made within 7 days from the start date of your trek/tour/activity, 100% of the total booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
4. Guest can reschedule the tour/trek/activity between 8-25 days prior to the start date of your trek/tour/activity (Depending on the availability), after this period no rescheduling can be done and no amount can be refunded.
5. Rescheduling of the tour/trek/activity is applicable only once, after that if you want to cancel or reschedule the trek/tour/activity again, it will not be possible and no refund will be processed.
6. If you book the tour/trek/activity by making a partial payment of the total booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 26 days from the date of travel. In this case, your booking will get canceled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
7. In case if your tour/trek/activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes, or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get a refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain underutilized by you.
8. In case if your tour/trek/activity gets cancelled because of "force majeure", medical emergency, government policy changes, local strikes between 0-7 days from your date of travel, you will be eligible to reschedule the date of your trek/tour/activity or you can get a credit note of the amount paid, however no cash refund will be possible in this case.
9. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
10. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Q1. Is kayaking in alappuzha safe?
Answer: Yes, it safe as you will be provided with branded equipment with a life jacket which can hold up to a weight of 150 kgs, also you will be surrounded by certified instructors.
Q2. Do I need to know how to swim?
Answer: Yes, a basic knowledge of swimming is a plus factor for Kayaking in Kerala.
Q3. What gear or kayak equipment is required?
Answer: You will be provided with a Kayak, Paddle and, a life jacket for the activity of Kayaking in Kerala.
Q4. What if I have never done kayaking before?
Answer: There is no past experience required for Kayaking, you will be guided by experienced and certified instructors.
Q5. Are there any age limits for kayaking in alappuzha?
Answer: Yes, an age limit of above 15 years is allowed to do Kayaking in Kerala.
Q6. Will I be uncomfortable, cold, or wet during the kayak tour?
Answer: No, you will be comfortable during the activity, if engage yourself with playing with water then only you’ll get or catch a cold.
Q7. Where will the journey started of Kayaking tours in Kerala?
Answer: The journey starts with the requested meeting area from there a small walk of 10 minutes to the Kayak start point.
Q8. How is the mobile network coverage in the area?
Answer: You will stay in the network zone during the Kayaking in Kerala activity.
Q9. When is the best time of year to go on a kayaking adventure?
Answer: The Kerala Kayaking Alappuzha is available round the year except for monsoon months.
Q10. I already have an adventure. Will my kayaking skills improve?
Answer: Repeating a process will always make you better, so is the case with Kayaking.
Q11. Can anyone do Kayaking in Kerala?
Answer: Yes, anyone can do Kayaking in Kerala, as it does not require any past experience and is well instructed by the instructors.
Average Rating 4.5