Pushkar which literary means ‘blue lotus flower’ is one of the oldest towns of India. Famous for its traditionality and heritage, Pushkar’s lineage comes from the cultures of Rajasthani villages. It’s a city full of colourful temples, ghats and astounding themed cafes. Pushkar is also famously known as ‘The Rose Garden of Rajasthan’ due to the history of flower farming. For someone who is visiting Rajasthan, must for sure explore the weary old streets of Pushkar and feel the essence of its spirituality.
But what good it is to be like a tourist, who comes and touches the superfluous gates of the city but doesn’t dive deep into its history and heritage. We believe cities just like us – humans have their soul. To feel the real spirit of an Indian city, you must discover the authenticity of its villages and its dwellers. Only then, you can step in the shoes of an Indian and feel how is to be a native to this incredible country. What we are today comes from what we were yesterday. It is important to unearth the past to understand the actualities of today.
To help you to seep in the real colours of Pushkar, Moustache presents you the Pushkar village tour. How about riding in the countryside and spending your evening in a Rajasthan village? Wouldn’t it be fun to sit on floor mats, eat like a pure Rajasthani, share indigenous stories and finish the meal with a glass of chaach? Well, the village tour is all about this. Unlike any other village tours of Puskar, our tour will take you deep in the Pushkar villages and make you mingle with the families which have been living here for countless years.
To tackle the scorching heat of Rajasthan, the Rajasthan village tour will start sharp at 4:30 PM. You must report at the designated time so that we reach our spot at a perfect time. The ride is of about 10 km long and because the route is not very smooth, we will ride through either scooty or bikes. One of the added advantages of two-wheelers is openness. Rural India is known for large open fields and lush green agricultural lands. The bike ride will help you to enjoy the open air and scenic views of our verdant agricultural fields.
To give you most out of this tour, we will choose a pure Rajasthani family who is going to be your host for the rest of the evening. By the time you will reach the house and settled down, sunset would be at its perfect timing. So, grab your hot cup of tea and find yourself an apt place to enjoy the tangerine sun drowning down in the ocean of brown sand. It is best if you do not miss the dusk, as villages of Rajasthan are also known for its beautiful serene dusk on the desert front.
The next part of the tour is the most exciting. After you have had a quiet time watching the serene sunset in the village, get ready to explore the myriad mechanisms of the villages, its dwellers, and of course animals. We don’t want to loosen your excitement by telling you all the spoilers here itself, but to make sure you remain excited about the tour, let us give you a little overview of the rest of the tour.
The host family is going to take you around the village, make you meet their local friends and families, show you their agriculture lands and workplaces, and will introduce you all the aspects of a Rajasthani village. Can you feel the peace and tranquility already? But beware, you are going to be famous around the village!
The most awaited part of the entire village tour is the authentic dinner time with the host family and your fellow tourists. If you are also interested to know how they cook their food on earth stoves with coal and fire, do give a visit to their kitchen. The host family members are very friendly to the visitors, so if you get a chance to sit there in the kitchen and learn to cook some authentic Indian dishes, do NOT miss it!
Once the dinner is made and everything is ready, join us all at the common hall and sit on the floor mats to eat the tastiest Rajasthani food you ever had. Do not forget to hear our host family’s stories too, they are just incredible to know! Enjoy a delicious meal over a quiet time full of mysterious stories. Isn’t it so fun to do?
If you are planning an Ajmer - Pushkar tour package and want to book a Puskar city tour package too, do not forget Moustache offers that too! Come, join us on a tour full of authentic Rajasthani vibes and colours.
Start / Endpoint: Moustache Pushkar
Start Time: 5 pm
Distance: 20 km
1. Comfortable walking shoes
2. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
3. Personal toiletries
4. Hand Sanitizer
5. Extra face masks
1. Guide fee is included
2. Scooter/Bike ride fees from Moustache Udaipur to the village and back is included.
3. Tea & Rajasthani dinner in the village house is included
4. And lots of memories
1. In case if your tour remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
2. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
3. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
4. Any entry fees to any monument.
1. If cancellations are made within 24 hours prior to the start of the trip, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of the trip, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any trek or tour within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the trip, 100% of total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the tour by paying 25% of booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your trip remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.