What an experience would it be to hover in the air at an astonishing height of about 8000 ft. with only you, your pilot and the vast valley conversing with you Wouldn’t it be liberating to just throw yourself off the cliff and float in the cold air like a bird? The silence, the vacuum, and the breathlessness with the ultimate freedom will inspire a desire to ask for more of it - that short-lived freedom. Welcome to the world of gliders! If you are reading this and if it is already exciting you, then you are not that far to ooze in the feeling of open-air and talking clouds.
Tandem para gliding is one of the best recreational activities one can find in Bir, Himachal Pradesh to seek perfect peace of mind. With all the safety gears and a well-experienced pilot, you will run from the cliff to jump in the air and fly like an eagle all over the town. Wouldn’t it be like fulfilling your childhood dream to become a pilot and fly in the air? Yes, indeed.
Another captivating thing about the Bir Billing paragliding and the village is that the entire sky is always buzzing with sights of adventurous pilots flying across the valley. Do you know, billing is also the second-highest paragliding sight in the entire world. Can you imagine, you are making history by flying over a height of 8000 ft. which almost very few people in the world have the chance to achieve?
Bir is a village that offers you not only the pleasure of doing paragliding but numerous other things too! If you are there for a few more days, you can certainly go out for a short trek to Rajgundha, camp at a quiet and calm campsite, make peace with your mind at several serene Monasteries, do cafe hopping (Moustache Tip - Cafes in Bir are just amazing), or shop through some of the most traditional shops of Bir. There also activities such as Bir Billing camping and Bir Billing trekking for you to the opt-in case you want to enjoy some more adventures of Himachal.
We can assure you that doing paragliding is once in a lifetime experience. The thrill and adventure combined with cool and calmness will leave you stunned and enchanted. Nothing can match the feel of floating in the sky and hovering through the snow-white clouds other than through famous paragliding in India. Also, paragliding at Bir Billing is much more adventurous and extravagant than paragliding in Dharamshala.
Bir Billing is a charming small village on the eastern side of the Kangra valley in Himachal Pradesh. With a compact settlement of only a few communities and incredible young cafes, Bir is an ideal place to escape from the swarming city life and settle at a tranquil hamlet. Try finding a spot on the landing site, grab a snack to savor, and wait for the sun to go down, we promise you, it will be the best sunset of your entire life. With a soft orange fervor gradually spreading across the sky and giving the atmosphere a little touch of its humility, the sun will indeed spread its wings to dive deep into the sea.
Bir Billing temperature remains quite balanced throughout the year except in winters. With summer temperatures of 15 - 20 degrees celsius and late winter temperatures of about - 2 degrees celsius, the weather in Bir Billing remains quite pleasant with a light breeze. Hence, the best time to visit Bir Billing is almost the entire year except in heavy monsoon or snow. Delhi to Bir Billing (or Bir Billing from Delhi) is easily accessible with frequent Volvo sleeper buses. You can book a ticket by yourself on one of the booking platforms such as Paytm or Redbus. To know more about the Bir Billing packages or Bir Billing paragliding cost, call us or write to us today.
Paragliding in Bir Billing:
Start Point / End Point: Bir - Billing Bus Stand or nearby / Landing point
Flight Duration: 15 - 20 min
Timing: 10 am to 5 pm
The trip ends here.
Air: Book a flight to Kangra airport and take a shared cab to Bir and report to our ground team after reaching the advised spot.
Rail: Book a train to Chandigarh railway station and take a shared cab or bus to Bir and plan your stay for the day, next day report at the advised pickup spot.
Bus: Take any regular busses commuting from Delhi and Chandigarh to Bir, plan your stay of the day. Next day report at the advised pickup spot.
1. Comfortable sports shoes
2. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
3. Hand Sanitizer & extra face masks
4. Action camera (at your own risk)
1. Flying of 15 min.
2. Transportation from Bir bus stand or nearby to the take-off point.
3. New and high quality branded equipment.
4. Pilot fees.
5. Heli rescue and medical rescue in case of emergency.
6. Full video recording of the flight and photographs (on additional charges).
1. In case if your activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
2. Any additional cost incurred due to changes in Government Guidelines related to travel/trek/COVID-19 will be borne by the Guest.
3. Anything which is not included in Inclusion.
4. Any meals or beverages are not included in the package.
1. If cancellations are made within 48 hours prior to the start of the activity, 100% advance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. If cancellations are made between 2-7 days prior to the start of the activity, either 75% of paid amount will be returned to the guest or whole advance amount can be adjusted against any activity within next 6 months.
3. If cancellations are made prior to 7 days from the start of the activity, 100% of the total advance will be refunded.
4. If you book the activity by paying 25% of the booking amount and fail to make the 100% payment before 25 days from date of travel. In this case, your booking will get cancelled automatically and can only be reconfirmed once you make the full payment, depending on the availability of slots.
5. In case if your activity remains incomplete or uninitiated because of "force majeure", medical emergency or by personal choice after you arrive at the starting point, you will not be able to get refund, reschedule or replace any services that remain unutilized by you.
6. Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
7. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
Q1. Is paragliding easy?
Answer: Yes, in paragliding you just have to sit and enjoy the views, as all the hard work will be done by the pilot.
Q2. How high will I go during my paragliding activity?
Answer: You will be flying over near to an altitude of 8,000 ft.
Q3. Can I carry my own camera or GoPro for the recording?
Answer: Yes, you can carry your personal camera or Go Pro for the recording, however it is not necessary as we will be providing the images and the video clips of the flight.
Q4. What is the best time to do paragliding in Bir Billing?
Answer: The Paragliding in Bir is done round the year, one can opt for a flight over a lush green environment in the months of Apr-May, Sept-Oct and a chilly flight with snow filled environment during the months from Nov-March.
Q5. How safe is paragliding in Bir Billing? Do I need a license?
Answer: The paragliding in Bir-Billing is safe if you follow the advisory listed on the website. The license and the permits will be taken care of by us.
Q6. Is paragliding in Bir Billing dangerous?
Answer: The paragliding in Bir Billing can be dangerous if you do not follow pilot instructions. A set of the advisory is listed on the website under the Paragliding in Bir-Billing page.
Q7. How do I get my photos of Bir-Billing?
Answer: Post the paragliding, the pilot will provide you the images and video clips of the flight through the mobile transfers.
Q8. Where do I have to deposit my luggage while paragliding?
Answer: Before heading out for the flight, deposit your luggage at your booked stay and with minimum accessories step out for the Paragliding in Bir Billing.
Q9. If in any emergency will I be provided with a first aid box?
Answer: Yes, in case of any emergency, our team is well equipped to provide you first aid assistance.
Q10. Is paragliding suitable for people with vertigo?
Answer: The paragliding in Bir-Billing is safe as we have a certified & experienced pilot, however, if the person has vertigo then he/she should think twice before going for the flight.
Q11. How long can I stay up?
Answer: As stated, you will enjoy a flight of 15 min.
Q12. How do I book paragliding in Bir Billing?
Answer: You can directly book paragliding in Bir Billing through our website or just send us an enquiry.
Q13. Is paragliding in Bir Billing open during monsoon?
Answer: No, Paragliding in Bir Billing is not practiced during monsoon.
Q14. Are transfers included in paragliding in the Bir Billing package?
Answer: Yes, the transfer to the take-off point is included in the Bir Billing Paragliding package.
Q15. What should I wear while doing paragliding?
Answer: You can wear normal clothes as per the weather and sports shoes, the flying equipment will be provided by the pilot team.
Q16. Is there any age and weight limit for paragliding in Bir Billing?
Answer: The minimum age limit is 14 years and the maximum weight limit is 120 kgs for paragliding in Bir Billing.